Merge Fixed and Mobile Accounts

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Merge Fixed and Mobile Accounts

by RogerCruse78 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (173 Views)

About three weeks ago when I discovered that Chorus had finally completed the installation of Fibre in my street, I contacted Vodafone to order a Fibre installation. No more ADSL for me!

As a Fixed and Mobile account customer for more than eight years, I was informed that I could also combine these two accounts into one. And it would be cheaper!

Great I said. I've also got some other changes that I would like to make such as upgrading to the Vodafone TV service,  cancelling my two MySky boxes and dropping an extra cost Sport channel. 

I also considered dropping the landline number as well as I didn't really use it anymore. But as this stage, I decided to keep it.

The customer services guy said he would apply these changes and the two accounts would be merged in a couple of days.

Fine, I said. As long as this doesn't impact the installation of Fibre or the order of Vodafone TV.

The next day, changed my mind about keeping the landline number and decided to cancel this service. I phoned customer services and was told the the landline would be cancelled and my revised and combined monthly bill would be even cheaper.

On the agreed date for the first review with Chorus, I waited in all morning and then all afternoon (maybe they were running late) but nothing happened.

I phoned Vodafone customer services and was told that my order had been cancelled!. I asked why but never got a satisfactory answer.

I then asked for another Chorus installation and assumed that my order was re-instated as I made it clear that I didn't cancel it. I was informed that everything was now re-ordered and that Chorus would contact me.

The next day, Chorus did phone and we agreed new date.  

A couple of days later, Chorus came to install the fibre cabling and a new ONT device. As I already had an Ultra Hub Plus device, my ADSL cable was disconnected and I became a Fibre user with a basic service of Fibre 100. 

A few more days later,  I decided that I should upgrade my Fibre 100 service to the Fibre Max and phoned Vodafone customer services about this and also to find out how the account merging processing was going as my Fixed account bill for June had arrived. It was clearly wrong as it still had services that I had cancelled on it.

I was then informed by customer services that my orginal order for Fibre, merging accounts, etc was still cancelled. I was then passed between departments (after a long wait) and was told it would take some time to resolve this.

I'm planning to phone Vodafone customer services on Monday when I hope the the above mess has been resolved.

Am I being too optimistic??????????

Starter Poster

Re: Merge Fixed and Mobile Accounts

Message 2 of 5 (145 Views)

After being passed between various customer services agents, I finally manage to speak to someone who listened to my tale of woe and sounded like they could help resolve it.

She, explained that my request to cancel the landline must have been misunderstood and resulted in my order for fibre, a vodafone tv, and other channel changes being cancelled.

I explained that some of my changes had been already been cancelled but the bill for June still is still charging me. So, I had lost the landline, use of my second MySky box and some additional channels but would still be paying for them.

And my ADSL internet service was still available alongside my faster Fibre service. The Fibre service wasn't being charged for but the ADSL was. Of course, as the ADSL service is more exspensive!!!

And she further explained that fixing this would take some time but she had my details and would get back to me with a progress update.

I hope to have better news later this week.

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (119 Views)

Still waiting for this!

Still don't have a Vodafone TV device.

Still paying for the higher priced ADSL service and for SKY components that I no longer have.

Still phoning Vodafone Customer (Don't) Care every couple of days.

And I'm still not a happy bunny!!!!!

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 5 (63 Views)

As its been about a week or so, I wanted to let you (or anyone who cares) know where I am:

On 21st June, I wrote:

1. Still don't have a Vodafone TV device
  2. Still paying the higher priced ADSL service and for SKY components. That is:
    1. being charged for a Landline I no longer have access to
    2. being charged for SKY channels that I no longer have access to
    3. being charged for ADSL when Fibre 100 is cheaper
    4. still have two accounts (Fixed & Mobile)
  3. Still phoning Customer Care every couple of days
  4. Still not a happy bunny

The Vodafone TV device arrived yesterday. Setup and working fine. Still getting used to the functions, etc. 

However, I have a new problem:
While I can still access my Mobile account using MyVodafone, I can't access the Fixed account. Don't know if the Fixed account has locked depending being merged into the other account or I've managed to locked it be trying the wrong password too many times. This means I can't setup the Vodafone TV app on my android phone.

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (39 Views)

Looks like things are starting to improve. After a couple of calls to Customer Care and the system update on Wednesday night, I can now see that my two accounts have been / are being merged.

That is, I can logon using my mobile account number and see elements of the fixed account billing alongside the mobile phone numbers of the mobile account.

I can also see the Vodafone TV device and the mobile phone numbers that I've enabled it for.

But, I can't see the make up of the Sky services that I have.... maybe I need to chase this up with Customer Care?

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 1 Contributor