Fault since so called upgrade

Starter Poster

Fault since so called upgrade

by Vanessablackie Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (428 Views)

We had an up grade of something and now our land line has a dial tone but you can't call out or receive calls we have done the unplug and wait 30 seconds but still no calls 

i don't have the time. Needed to call and speak to a human!

what is my alternative we have been like this for a month and we are still paying for no service 

Posted from Apple iPad
Staff

Re: Fault since so called upgrade

by Staff TheresaMalloy Staff
Message 2 of 5 (388 Views)
Hi Vanessa, Not sure but sounds like you may have been changed to a VOIP line which means you would no longer be connected through the copper wiring in your house, just wondering if you have been advised to plug the phone into the modem? I would definitely recommend contacting one of our Technical ninjas as it may just be a quick change of the plugs or they could send the VOIP settings through to your modem pretty quickly. Hopefully this may help you. Thanks Theresa
Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (385 Views)

@TheresaMalloy wrote:
Hi Vanessa, Not sure but sounds like you may have been changed to a VOIP line which means you would no longer be connected through the copper wiring in your house, just wondering if you have been advised to plug the phone into the modem? I would definitely recommend contacting one of our Technical ninjas as it may just be a quick change of the plugs or they could send the VOIP settings through to your modem pretty quickly. Hopefully this may help you. Thanks Theresa

While that is partly true you can connect the phone line from the modem into a phone jackpoint then you can connect up your houses copper wiring and use your houses phone jack point.

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by Vanessablackie Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (325 Views)

Not as easy as you make it sound. My modem does not have the same port as my phone and most of the phones in my house are low tech. So was looking into buying new phones to restore service. I went into my Vodafone store and he was very sympathetic and has arrange for a callback. 

Having not been able to buy a new phone yet so don't really understand Christopher's comment I think when I am able to plug something into something his comment may make more sense to me.

in general I feel that the letter that we got notifying us of the change was too brief and did not explain what we needed to do continue to keep our phone service. Looking forward to the call from Vodafone so my questions can be answered in real time and I can understand what I can do without costing me because if the upgrade required more service and equipment then I feel it should have been provided. It really shouldn't be the customer having to solve all the issues that the company should know about..

Posted from Apple iPad
Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (302 Views)

Have you tried connecting the phone cable from your phone to the ''Phone 1'' port on the back of your Vodafone Ultra Hub Router?

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 28w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors