Broadband and landline stopped this afternoon

Starter Poster

Broadband and landline stopped this afternoon

by nickmck Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (950 Views)
My fibremax connection decided to just stop working about 2:45 this afternoon. Modem now stuck flashing on DS connection indicator, rebooting the modem has had no effect.
Now my landline has also decided to stop about 4pm, and I’m being told there’s an estimated 50-60 minute wait to report a fault/issue through the call centre. That’s a call I will not be making on my mobile, so what options do I have?
Any way I can find out if there’s issues here in Wellington? The network status shown no issues with the landline and broadband network and nothing has changed where I am so I have no idea what I can do/check.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Broadband and landline stopped this afternoon

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 5 (942 Views)

Are you near BREAKER BAY RD, SEATOUN?

If so, there is a small localised outage in the area and a tech is already on the way there to check it out, he should be there shortly.

Thanks

Sebastian

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by nickmck Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (940 Views)
Aha, yes I’m exactly on Breaker Bay. That’s great news thanks so much for the information. Appreciate it
Posted from Apple iPhone
Business Ninja Adept

Message 4 of 5 (931 Views)

@nickmck wrote:
Aha, yes I’m exactly on Breaker Bay. That’s great news thanks so much for the information. Appreciate it

Unfortunately it's not good news for now. - Our tech has been out and found that there has been a landslide in the area which has damaged our Vodafone pedestal and it is completely covered by the landslide. The road has been closed off by Fulton Hogan.

No ETR at this stage.

Business Ninja Adept

Message 5 of 5 (921 Views)

@sebastianbd wrote:

Unfortunately it's not good news for now. - Our tech has been out and found that there has been a landslide in the area which has damaged our Vodafone pedestal and it is completely covered by the landslide. The road has been closed off by Fulton Hogan.

No ETR at this stage.

Wellington City Council have advised they are aware the landslide is on the Vodafone cabinet, but will not be assessing the hill side until Monday.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 2 Contributors