new router setup

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

new router setup

by mortyda Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (1,356 Views)

I have just updated my router after my previous contract ran out it was 3g networkI was on before, but I’m now on a 4G network with the new Huawei B315s router. When getting this new router I was told I could use the old simcard therefore hanging on to all previous data ect; the question I would like to know is do I use the original Key ( seeing I’m going to use the previous sim card) or the new key that is on the bottom of the router.

I can access the router with the old Sim using the 192.168.1.1 Address but the router is not connecing to the Vodafone Wireless net work (I have aconstant red mode light) I thought it was because it was not connected to outside external aerial ( I had disconnected the old 3G router during renovations and found it still worked fine , we have a very strong transmision from the transmitting site) so after connecting it on the original aerial I found it made no difference

has anyone give me a heads up on solving this problem

Business Ninja Adept

Re: new router setup

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 4 (1,598 Views)
You will use the wifi key printed on the new modem.

You will need to get a new SIM as the old SIM is TAC locked to the IMEI range of the old router.
NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 4 (1,315 Views)

Thank you for the heads up with this query.

I'm still struggling to set up this new system So I have a few more questions for you if you wouldn't mind. the first is that with the old B3000 router I am able to get a strong reception from it using only the internsal aerials but unable to get the same result with the new Huawei B315s-607, is this because the B3000 has a better receiving circuit or is it that the B315s being a4G  router needs a more direct signal to receive the broadband signal.

Secondly the antena I'm using is the original  Yagi YGA-8096-15-n(f)-AN  that was used with the B3000 and I'm wondering wether this antena is still a viable option ( the direct distance to our nearest transmision tower is approx 8.5k)

Finally how critical is the verticle and horizontal angles are  for the antena ( the tower to router antena has an approx  off set angle of 16.5 Deg with a declination of approx of -.95 Deg)

Thank you for any futher information on these queries,it will be great appreciated

morty.da

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 4 (1,289 Views)

I found part of the problem was thar the new sim card ( which came with the new router??) was logged in to that particular router and it is now up and running albeit only with its own built in aerials but I have still the problem that when it is set up as being on  external aeriel it fails, so query is now as to why,  I tried to reconfigure the angles of the outside antena but with no luck so is there away to find the angles (horizontal and perpendicular) of the  transmission signal from the nearest tower. Is there some kind of meter one can obtain, similar to what is available for setting up a "Free View" satellite Dish, that would help

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors