Want to move my modem to another location

Starter Poster

Want to move my modem to another location

by NicoleShatford Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (926 Views)

I have recently been changed over to voice of broadband, I recieved a new landline phone and it is currently in the office but i want to move the main phone unit in to the kitchen i tried last night to move it, the wifi button is lit but no internet connection how come? my computer has a LAN cable attached to the modem, hope you can help resolve this issue 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Want to move my modem to another location

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 4 (915 Views)

Hi @NicoleShatford - I'm a little confused, you say your phone isn't working, but you are also referring to your wifi and broadband? Your phone can't work over Wifi, it needs to be plugged in to the modem for it to work. It might be a good idea to call our tech support people, they can help you troubleshoot better - sometimes it is just easier to explain to someone while talking to them directly! Smiley Happy

Starter Poster

by NicoleShatford Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (911 Views)

Hi the phone is situated in my office and the phone works fine as it is plugged in to the modem, but when i move the modem and phone in to another room the internet and phone will not work, also i have a LAN cable from my computer to the modem and when i disconnect it all the lights except the power and wifi lights go off and no internet access i have a huawei HG659 modem. i have a VDSL connection sorry i cant explain it any better.

Staff

by Staff Bogemon Staff
Message 4 of 4 (885 Views)

Morning

I think you have only 1 JP in the house activated for Broadband. You need to specific jackpoint activated. This is actually a payable service if you book it in as technician call out is required.

You can book it by calling the customer care team. when you call remember to mention that you want a Jackpoint activated. If yuo mention you want your modem relocated it may confuse everybody as there are 3 parties involved when raising this. ( Vodafone>chorus>chorus contractors)

regards

Dilhan

Device and CPE Engineer - Fixed Access
Vodafone.

"Please note that I am not a part of the social media team and help out on my own time where possible."
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors