Vodafone Sure Signal and Fibre Broadband

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

by AndyTaylor Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (238 Views)

I rely heavily on the Vodafone Sure Signal (now a discontinued product) as I have poor/non existent mobile coverage where I live. I have an upcoming Fibre BB install booked based on two separate VF sales people say there won't be any issues using it with Fibre/VF HUB.

My concern is they're just making the sale and might not have the techical knowledge to make that call.

Does anyone know if it works OK?

Thanks

Andy

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal and Fibre Broadband

by Staff hpatel Staff
Message 2 of 7 (231 Views)

Hi @AndyTaylor,

That's right, the Sure Signal will work with the Vodafone Ultra Hub over a fibre connection.

While Sure Signal is no longer for sale, we will continue to support existing devices to the best of our capability. As far as I'm aware we haven't yet settled on a replacement or set a date to shut down the Sure Signal platform.

Cheers,

Hayden

I work in the Corporate/Government space for Vodafone, but I know a little bit about a lot of things we do. I volunteer my time on here.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor shadow Senior Contributor
Message 3 of 7 (206 Views)

What about replacing it with Wifi calling?

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff hpatel Staff
Message 4 of 7 (172 Views)

Hi @shadow,

I'm not part of the group looking into this but I'm sure we are evaluating all of our options, including WiFi calling.

Note though that WiFi calling isn't a full replacement for what Sure Signal offers - e.g. text messaging, or cellular service for devices that aren't connected to that WiFi network.

Cheers,

Hayden

I work in the Corporate/Government space for Vodafone, but I know a little bit about a lot of things we do. I volunteer my time on here.
Highlighted
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 7 (150 Views)

@hpatel 

So the Fibre install team turn up and says my Sure Signal needs to plug in to the WAN port as does the Fibre input on the Ultra Hub and there's only one WAN port, so this isn't going to work?

How do you suppose we get around this? Do you have a 2 WAN port router? If I were to purchase a 3rd party router, it would still need configuring from your side?

Really painful having to send the fibre team away after being told 3 times from VF that this won't be a problem.

regards

Andy

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor shadow Senior Contributor
Message 6 of 7 (146 Views)

That doesn't sound correct, the Sure Signal should plug into one of your spare LAN ports on the router. The WAN port is only for the cable between the Router and the ONT or Cable Modem.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 7 (143 Views)

Thanks, yeah I managed to find a Sure Signal guide online which says the same. It was always set up by VF with the WAN connection as they tested the product at my home prior to the product launch. We tried it without the WAN cable earlier and it didn't work, but now after rebooting and leaving it longer to log on it's now working!

Just need to get the Fibre team back now...they say they're coming back...

Thanks

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors