Ultrahub and password/login issues

Retired Staff

Re: Ultrahub and password/login issues

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 11 of 18 (102 Views)

@Screaminchicken  I take now that you are using the correct password you can now login?

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster Screaminchicken Regular Poster
Message 12 of 18 (98 Views)
Yes I can...but my Ethernet connected modem still has no internet connection. Fortunately the signal from the main box is just strong enough to run wifi in the living room but it isn’t great.

Thanks heaps for your help and patience.

Once I eventually get fibre installed I want to get my whole house “smart” connected. Don’t suppose you can recommend anyone who can review everything and set me up?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 13 of 18 (96 Views)

Yes @coffeebaron  If you are in the correct part of the country! Also make sure the ONT (Fibre modem) is installed close to the TV and the access point is mounted at a good height

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 14 of 18 (89 Views)
What part of NZ are you in?
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor coffeebaron Senior Contributor
Message 15 of 18 (71 Views)
Flick me a message if you need help with your data cabling; I cover Auckland, Waikato and BoP.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Regular Poster

Message 16 of 18 (65 Views)
In Whangaparaoa. Would like a sit down with someone to talk about how I best connect up TVs, Apple TV, home theatre etc to maximise connectivity. I’m a bit behind the times
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 17 of 18 (62 Views)

@Screaminchicken  Best connection will always be over Ethernet try and avoid connecting Smart TV's and streaming devices ETC..... over Wi-Fi

Highlighted
Regular Poster

Message 18 of 18 (38 Views)

Yep, best connection is by ethernet and that's why I had a second router put next to the tv and hard wired from the main router where the line comes in at the far end of the house - apparently we only have one inbound socket that runs internet and it's at the worst part of the house.

For some reason, my second router now has no internet connection despite being hard wired to the main router. 

My plan is 

• Get the fibre instal completed before it becomes obsolete technology in 2027 (approx perhaps - I'm just hoping the instal can be finisahed in time)
  • Get someone more tech savvy than me to set up my internal cabling/signal boosters (whatever) needed to maximise fibre signal to all relevant TVs/rooms around the house
Stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors