Ultra Hub DNS settings auto select

Starter Poster

Ultra Hub DNS settings auto select

by RosanneSmith Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (139 Views)

On the ultra hub site and to look at parent control. Have noticed that on the DNS tab that the following message pops up

"Keep Secure DNS setting to ON in order to prevent malware to infect your devices and direct your Internet traffic to malicious websites. You can turn it OFF if you wish to manually configure the DNS on your devices." However, when I've turn the toggle to on and clicked apply another poop up occurs saying your changes havent been applied. Id there a fix for this or not too much to worry about? Many thanks

Retired Staff

Re: Ultra Hub DNS settings auto select

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 3 (131 Views)

@RosanneSmith  Why would you want to change the DNS settings? This is the fastest way to cause issues on your internet connection

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Re: Ultra Hub DNS settings auto select

by RosanneSmith Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (123 Views)

Thanks John. I’m not at all tech savvy and not wanting to change anything. The auto DNS button was  swaitched off but had this warning pop up message  which I thought meant it needed to be switched on. When I switched it on the warning pop up disappeared but when apply button was pressed another pop up occurred saying it wasn’t changed.  Should the auto DNS button be on ( green) ?  Or is this the default?

thanks again.

Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 17w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors