Need help with Vigor 130 and UniFi USG

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Need help with Vigor 130 and UniFi USG

by veldthui Starter Poster
Message 1 of 2 (1,174 Views)

Current setup

Vigor 2860 VSDL injecting VLAN 10 into the connection. PPoE/PPoA with PPoA encapsulation. Was told I didn't need the login details in the modem. This works 100% and the 2860 has an IP and works well.

New SetUp

I have a Vigor 130 and set it to inject 10 into the VLAN for the WAN side. Set it to MPoA and put it into bridge mode. Turn it on and I get SHOWTIME and a good connection. No IP though because it is in bridge mode which the USG should handle.

I hook up the UniFi USG and it is set for DHCP and says it cannot connect to the internet. Change it to PPoE and enter the login details I had for my old ADSL modem and it will will not connect to the internet.

Is anyone using the Vigor 130 on the Vodafone network and using the bridge mode? I surely can't be the only one and I am hoping I can get some help connecting as I want to change over to the USG as my router/firewall as soon as possible.

I am thinking it is a login issue as the 2860 did not need a login but the USG needs one for the PPoE connection.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Need help with Vigor 130 and UniFi USG

by veldthui Starter Poster
Message 2 of 2 (1,294 Views)

Okay I finally got this working with the help of someone in another country. The issue appears to be with the USG.

I had the modem injecting the VLAN 10 tag in when I should have had the USG injecting the VLAN 10 tag. Once that was changed it was all good and away.

I can now change things to get them working as they should with the network addresses and such

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 1 Contributor