Latest firmware update for HG659

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Latest firmware update for HG659

by HelenDownie Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (294 Views)

I would like to update my HG659 router with the latest firmware, but I see someone on this board ended up with a corrupted router whilst doing this. Has anyone else had problems or should I just go ahead and do it.?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Latest firmware update for HG659

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (286 Views)

B026 is latest. B020 is the previous with the only real difference bwtween the two is fixing a 2.4ghz wifi rare failure issue.

THere should be no issue upgrading it. Just leave it until the internet comes back on again after upgrade.

If your on either of these then no need to upgrade really

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 5 (269 Views)

Thanks for the reply but my prob is we have recently installed a security camera and have weird video issues on and off. Our wifi  seems to be erractic only with the camera. Have tried various things like a wifi extender but that didn't fix the issue and neither did  moving the modem to a more central position. Supposedly the latest upgrade 26 improves wifi? 

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (267 Views)

B026 doesn't improve the 2.4g wifi. It just fixed a bug with it randomly dying completely.

If the wifi extender didn't help then there must be some bad interference where the camera is (move the camera) or the camera wifi is poor.

My bet is that the camera is in a place with high interfence (next to electronics, metal, far away etc) so test by moving the camera to somewhre out and open by the modem.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 5 (264 Views)

Thanks again

I think you could be correct about interference. The camera is not far away but it is close by a box under our roof eave that I suspect contains electrical wiring. I will get my son to check it out.

Regards Hels

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 19w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors