Landline with ultra hub

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Landline with ultra hub

by Dudznz Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (476 Views)

I have just had fibre installed at home. Have got a Vodafone Ultra Hub Modem with one landline already connected and working. As there are 2 x FXS for phones, does this mean I can connect another landline. Would like to be able to have a cordless phone as well connected. Thanks for any info.

Retired Staff

Re: Landline with ultra hub

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 8 (470 Views)
If the copper is disconnected you can output the signal from the router back into the copper telephone wiring and use the telephone jack points around the house same as before
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Highlighted
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 8 (469 Views)

Please please make sure the copper is disconnected from the street or the 50 volts DC will cook the router!

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

by Dudznz Starter Poster
Message 4 of 8 (458 Views)
Thanks John. Chorus had done that for me. All we had was a pipping sound as tho we were disconnected. Rang Vodafone and we were told it was no good connected that way. After a lengthy discussion with a lot of technical jargon spoken to me, I hung up and got the local Vodafone sales team to come around. They came and rang the tech again. Long shot is that now phone is connected to modem only in port 1. Would like to do same with port 2 if that is possible. Not up to date with all the technical jargon.
Posted from Vodafone VFD 710
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 8 (451 Views)

Who ever told you it was no good connected up that needs a kick in the backside

You can test port2 just plug the phone into it on the back of Router and see if it works

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 6 of 8 (447 Views)

Sounds like you need @coffeebaron to take a look and sort it out

Starter Poster

by Dudznz Starter Poster
Message 7 of 8 (434 Views)
Thanks for your assistance. Tried the 2nd port, but no luck. Will leave as status quo for the moment.
Cheers
Les
Posted from Vodafone VFD 710
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 8 of 8 (431 Views)

I thought the 2nd port would not work

Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 6 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors