Landline not working via modem

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Landline not working via modem

by Gail1 Starter Poster
Message 11 of 20 (344 Views)

Our phone works now too - vodafone have finally set up our account properly and just like that it started working - funny that didn't have to go buy a phone after all.  

On the customer service note - after too many hours to count on the phone i have finally got somewhere - but only by telling my customer servie rep I too was recording my call and wanted there full name - for training and quality purposes of course!

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by sevenup Starter Poster
Message 12 of 20 (281 Views)

Well, that is amazing!  Persistance pays off.  But realistically, they should have been able to pinpoint the issue & fix it in the first place.  I think that their technical staff need more training.  It took you heaps of phone calls & it took me three phone calls .... & thats just two people of the many calls they must field each day.  Disappointing.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by stuarth Starter Poster
Message 13 of 20 (124 Views)

I've been trying to help a neighbour who has had fibre installed several years ago, but now her landline phone (VOIP via Vodafone modem) has stopped working. She still has Internet, but no phone. When I try calling her landline number from my phone, the response is that the number is invalid. Have Vodafone 'upgraded' something?

Of course, we can't get through to tech support. Vodafone have sent a new 'Ultra Hub Plus' modem which I connected up for her, but same problem. The phone makes an 'engaged' signal, so it is communicating with the modem at a basic level. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 14 of 20 (120 Views)

Is the phone plugged diretly into the modems Phone 1 port on the back? Make sure it is to eliminate and house wiring going to jackpoints.

Is the green Phone light on on the modem, or flashing red or off?

If the phone light is on green, then the phone is set up on the modem.

If it is green, and then when you call if it is engaged it is probably a phone hanset or cable issue. In which case, disconect the phone cable from the modem and call again. If you hear ringing now, then it is definately a phone handset issue.

If the phone light is red or off, then thats a provisioning issue which needs to be sorted on their account

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 15 of 20 (104 Views)

Thanks for your help.  I managed to get Vodafone to help & they solved the problem by resetting the modem.  I don't know what they did, but after that, it worked & has been working fine ever sine.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 16 of 20 (73 Views)

@MrMorm Thanks for reply.

Yes phone connects direct to Phone port on modem - no jack points

The Phone LED on modem is _not_ lit.Though it did come on when the modem went through its power-on sequence.

>>thats a provisioning issue which needs to be sorted on their account

Yes getting through to VF support is the challenge here - the VF Chatbot keeps timing out at the step where I'm prompted for an email address.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 17 of 20 (103 Views)

My problem is fixed & it sounds very similar to yours.  I finally got hold of a helpful lady at Vodafone who got me to push the reset button on the modem.  Once I had done that, she did something in the background, & now it is fine & has gone ever since.  All the best with fixing your problem.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 18 of 20 (62 Views)

Thanks @sevenup  - just need to get through to tech support. Thoise ninjas are in short supply, understandably.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 19 of 20 (58 Views)

@stuarth I've sent you a private message. I should be able to help you

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 20 of 20 (42 Views)

@MrMorm thanks so much for your remote assistance. Neighbour's landline is now working again & she is delighted.

Stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 35w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 6 Contributors