Landline not working via modem

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Landline not working via modem

by sevenup Starter Poster
Message 1 of 12 (430 Views)

I have changed plans with Vodafone & my landline is meant to be via internet.  However, for the last 2.5 weeks, I've had no landline at all.  Vodafone now confirm they have migrated my landline to the new service, but still nothing is working.  I have check all the cords are in the right places & restarted the modem.  Any ideas anyone?

Retired Staff

Re: Landline not working via modem

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 12 (414 Views)
Check with VodafoneNZ the serial number of the modem is registered with Vodafone under your account

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
New Poster

by GlynnisParker New Poster
Message 3 of 12 (88 Views)

HI John

I have similar problem. I have had no landline for a week. I live rurally so today I drove into town and rang them. I was told since I went onto new plan I no longer plug phone into jackpoint but straight into modem. I come home only to find my phone plugs won't fit into modem and I just bought this phone because I thought that is what the problem was, that my phone had died so now I am out of town again with no way of ringing vodafone. Any idea on what I should do next please

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 12 (412 Views)
Just confirming home phone is plugged into back of modem?
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 12 (394 Views)

Yes, confirm the above thanks.  UPDATE - I can now make calls but can't receive them.  I have contacted Vodafone who now advise that it will be fixed by tomorrow afternoon.  I'm hoping that fixes the problem that has taken 3 weeks to resolve.

Starter Poster

by Gail1 Starter Poster
Message 6 of 12 (346 Views)

Has anyone had a fix on their landline when you can make calls but not receive them after switching to Fibre.

There reply to me is its my phone that is the problem despite it working until we switched over - I called Uniden the manufacturer who told me there is no issue with my phone from there side.

Vodafone expect me to go and buy another phone and I would rather not if that won't work either.

Can't wait till my contracts up and I can change to anyone else

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 12 (334 Views)

As you see in my reply to johnr, the issue was definately with them.  They had omitted to migrate something over to my new account.  I've got no idea what it was but it took 4 weeks of repeated phone calls for them to fix it.  All the best for your issue.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 8 of 12 (339 Views)
Have you called VodafoneNZ to make sure the serial number of the modem / access point is registered with Vodafone? if not then phone service will not work correct
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 9 of 12 (337 Views)

Thanks johnr,

The problem was with Vodafone - they hadn't migrated something.  I'm pleased to say, the issue has been fixed & I now have a landline Smiley Happy

Starter Poster

by Gail1 Starter Poster
Message 10 of 12 (301 Views)

Yes I have called Vodafone - spent almost 5hours on the phone. to them with this switch to fibre - nothing has gone as planned.  They wont talk to me about my phone now told me its my problem - in fact text said "there is no problem from there side the setting on the hardware on my phone need to be changed and thats the reason i have been told to get another phone"

Stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 14w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors