Huawei 5G CPE Pro external antenna

Starter Poster

Huawei 5G CPE Pro external antenna

by AllenBrown Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (595 Views)

I bought the Huawei 5G CPE Pro (H112-372) from an oversea online store, i want to know where i can buy the external antenna for the 5G CPE. The signal here seems not good. 

Staff

Re: Huawei 5G CPE Pro external antenna

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 2 of 5 (586 Views)

Hi Allen

VFNZ at present doesn't provide any type of CPE like this yet. As a result this is something we won't be able to offer afvise on. Also something to keep in mind is the software loaded wont be for VFNZ network spec. However is it a nice looking CPE, have you managed to get it on 5G.

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by rtucker666 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (315 Views)

Hey guys, 

I'm also planning to add this router to my internet setup, I have an endless data plan with Voda. Allen, did you get the 5G working on the cpe? I didn't know whether I needed a 5G sim for the device and also what APN settings are you using for 5G access? I'm guessing that as it's just the mobile network and not fixed wireless you shouldn't need Voda specific firmware?

Thanks 

Posted from Sony G8441
Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 4 of 5 (308 Views)

There is a chance 5G won't work at all and that 4G speeds are poor because the baseband chip set and software setup in the device don't fully match VFNZ network configuration. There is also a chance it works.  Also you need to live in 5G coverage

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by rtucker666 Starter Poster
Message 5 of 5 (266 Views)

Thanks for the reply! I have another Huawei modem (B618) which used to be a Spark fixed wireless product, I have repurposed this using an endless data sim from vodafone and the VFNZ APN for mobiles and it works great with 4G and good speeds. I was hoping this 5G CPE would work in a similar manner as I have a 5G sim and enabled plan, and I'm in a 5G area. I realise it's a gamble as it's not a vodafone supported product.

Thanks

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors