Hi, so I recently upgraded my broadband speed from Vodafone fibre 200/20 to fibre Max. Speedtest shows I'm getting 930mbps down and 472 up, However my actual download speeds have decreased. When I was on my 200mbps down fibre plan, my steam download speed would stay at a constant 24MB/s. Now on Fibre Max steam and origin reaches a peak download speed of 8.5MB/s. I have checked all my steam and origin settings but nothing seems to work. I have tried different server locations and different games. Also, my steam folder is set to download to my SSD. I have tested other software downloads from servers in NZ but no luck. I am currently using Vodafone's new ultra hub router.
To fix the issue I disabled "Secure DNS" in the ultra hub settings while in "Advanced" mode.
The problem is that by default the "Secure DNS" setting shows up as disabled. It's just a matter of hitting the "Apply" button to save the setting. One would think that it is already disabled since the slider is in the "disabled" position by default!