Do the HG659 modems still need

Starter Poster

Re: Do the HG659 modems still need

by nozmak Starter Poster
Message 11 of 15 (52 Views)

Thanks John ... I logged a fault with Vodafone couple days ago but have heard nothing yet ...

Starter Poster

by nozmak Starter Poster
Message 12 of 15 (52 Views)

The Ookla website IP address is showing the same as the IP chicken numbers for this morning ...

The IP addresses under My Republic are all different and last online morning of 6 August 

The last Vodafone IP address is different again and the last connection I checked showing as provider to them 29 July 

My neighbour has gone to work now so I cannot check with them yet about when they cancelled their Vodafone and then ordered the new modem and opened an account with My Republic ... 

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 13 of 15 (50 Views)
Still call and log a job with VodafoneNZ so it can be passed to ChorusNZ to investigate
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 14 of 15 (49 Views)
Oh sorry you have already logged a job!

Call VodafoneNZ and chase it up
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by nozmak Starter Poster
Message 15 of 15 (38 Views)

Just to update John

Looks like I was disconnected from Vodafone back in July - probably same time as my neighbour quit Vodafone and they transferred over to My Republic.

I appear to have gotten a free week online courtesy of My Republic & my neighbour via their signal coming down my personal vodafone HG659 modem ... this might also explains why I was getting a bit better broadband from these other internet providers... well that is until  they finally dropped me 4 days ago.

While I still have zero explanation for the months of poor service and signal dropping [which is why my neighbours left Vodafone]....  it seems like having a shared driveway with copper wiring is perhaps part of the problem etc  This has been a nightmare as in addition to the dreadful broadband - I discovered I was basically being doublecharged for my Sky plan ...so had to unbundle to get this stopped ...and I also changed my monthly mobile plan to a prepay because voice calls were dropping ... but I was on the older modem before this new HG659 was connected etc

At the moment I am unsure what is happening or if the tech guy is still coming as not a word from them yet ... but just got an email that appears to be saying I am being moved from an ADSL plan to a VDSL plan so fingers crossed this will work etc  I am also an older former iHug customer so now feels like the years of loyalty [over 20yrs+] are virtually meaningless with these telephone companies unfortunately  

I have had family & friends also sending me information on current offers from other providers John - so if things are not properly sorted  ...and my broadband is more reliable by middle of next week ... think I may be looking at changing and looking at fibre with someone else etc

Many thanks for all your help John Smiley Happy 

Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors