"Great News - when your $19 Prepay plan renews in March you'll be on our latest My Flex plan ..."

Starter Poster

Re: "Great News - when your $19 Prepay plan renews in March you'll be on our latest My Flex pla

by markfranh Starter Poster
Message 11 of 21 (2,456 Views)

Can somebody confirm whether or not calls to Australia are included in the allowed minutes under the My Flex plan we are being switched to?  One area of the Vodafone website would suggest they are; another area suggests they are not and will be charged at 89 cents per minute unless we are on a different plan entirely (the Kiwi Favourite $19).

Here's just one of the links to areas that seem to suggest Australian calls under this My Flex plan are 89 cents per minute:

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/prepay/myflex/

while elsewhere we find:

"Included minutes are to standard landline and mobile numbers in NZ and Australia.'

the above in the fine print section when clicking through when viewing the My Flex Prepay details.

It's frustrating when we continue to find inconsistencies like this when trying to figure out what's going on.

Retired Staff

Re: "Great News - when your $19 Prepay plan renews in March you'll be on our latest My Flex pla

by MikeHales Retired Staff
Message 12 of 21 (2,463 Views)

@markfranh

Those pre-configured bundles do indeed include calls to Australia - details in this FAQ.

Cheers

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 13 of 21 (2,470 Views)

Mike, the FAQ has the following words:

"If you're on the A Kiwi Favourite $19 or Big Data Bundle $28, calls to Australia are included in your plan. If you're using the standard My Flex plan, or have used all the minutes from your Kiwi Favourite or Big Data Bundle, then your calls will cost $0.89 per minute - see casual rates below."

and that's where I'm confused.  It isn't the first sentence but the second sentence that counts as this new plan not covered in the first sentence..

This is the standard "My Flex" plan, is it not?  As such, calls will cost 89 cents per minute. 

Retired Staff

Message 14 of 21 (2,529 Views)

@markfranh

If you configure your plan outside of the preset bundles then calls to Aus are $0.89 per min.

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 15 of 21 (2,526 Views)

So if we accept the $18 My Flex Prepay plan we are being put on by default in March (i.e. the 1 GB, 200 min, unlim. txt), we will be paying 89 cents a minute to Australia (while currently they are included under the $19 Prepay Carryover which you are getting rid of)).

We can only continue to get the included free calls to Australia with the "Kiwi Favourite $19" or "Big Data Bundle $29"

Have I got that right now?

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 16 of 21 (2,501 Views)

Sorry Mike but we are just getting more and more confused as we check out the website.  Our impression really is that Vodafone hasn't yet changed the full website to reflect what's going on in March.  Would that be a fair assessment?

We now think you will be having a NEW "preset bundle" (to use your term) called "Myflex18" and that it will include free calls to Australia.  Would this be correct?

However, if we wanted to vary from this and want to add more minutes to the default and/or subtract gigs from the default, then we might lose the free calls to Australia.

We conclude this based on the following page which we've now gone back to (given there is so much conflicting info elsewhere):

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/prepay/myflex/switch/

but then we click on New terms and conditions,and it refers to "My Flex $16" and not "My Flex $18" as we would have expected!!!!  However, further down it does say included minutes ... Australia giving us some hope since this is the page we end up on when we look up the terms for the new $18 plan.

Bottom line: we are very very frustrated.

Starter Poster

Message 17 of 21 (2,498 Views)

and furthermore Mike ...

I just used a bit of internet ingenuity from my IT days to find this semi-hidden page on your website:

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/prepay/myflex/switch16/

Looks okay to us.  There's the $16 plan mentioned in your terms and conditions for your $18 plan instead of the $18 plan that you are pushing us onto which you don't cover in the terms and conditions for your $18 plan!.

We'd even think about going onto this $16 plan if indeed it includes the free calls to Australia.  And why would we want to pay $18 if the $16 plan gave us what we wanted.  Only difference seems to be a minor variation on minutes which wouldn't effect us.

But again, we are increasingly frustrated and lack of details from Vodafone on this. 

Retired Staff

Message 18 of 21 (2,473 Views)

@markfranh

Thanks for raising the points re website etc. For absolute clarity, I've confirmed that ALL Minutes that are part of your allowance i.e. what you set using the My Flex tool in My Vodafone or the preset bundles are for calls to NZ & OZ (as are TXTs).

The $0.89 applies if you've used up all your allowance i.e. casual calling rate, N.B there's $0.49 for NZ calls.

We'll update the website to make this clearer.

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Message 19 of 21 (2,465 Views)

Thank you for explaining this and I'll keep an eye on the website to see the final wording. 

Retired Staff

Message 20 of 21 (2,529 Views)

@Christopher

Sorry, no that's the plan.

Vodafone New Zealand
Stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 6 Contributors