"Great News - when your $19 Prepay plan renews in March you'll be on our latest My Flex plan ..."

New Poster

"Great News - when your $19 Prepay plan renews in March you'll be on our latest My Flex plan ..."

[ Edited ]
by gillh New Poster
Message 1 of 21 (1,551 Views)

I don't want and didn't ask for my plan to be changed please leave me on the plan I am on.

I rang and registered my comments but I'm not sure I was understood.

Starter Poster

Re: "Great News - when your $19 Prepay plan renews in March you'll be on our latest My Flex pla

[ Edited ]
by markfranh Starter Poster
Message 2 of 21 (1,534 Views)

My wife is already looking at cancelling with Vodafone and switching to Skinny if this is forced on to us.  It's a rip-off as far as we can tell.  We used to pay $19 for 30 days; now we are being forced to switch to $18 which sounds cheaper BUT is is only for 28 days.  Do the Maths.  It's a rip-off.  It's not a huge difference, but it's trying to sneak this past us as if we wouldn't notice it is a price increase that is so annoying.

Just as bad, in forcing us to switch, we will be losing all our carryover minutes etc. from the sounds of it.  Unfair.

Thanks Vodafone but you are going to be losing a lot of customers as we aren't all as stupid as you seem to think we are.

If anybody does find that it is possible to stay on the existing plan, please post how to do it as as far can as I can tell, we aren't being given the option.

No wonder Vodafone came out this morning in today's rankings of carriers in New Zealand at bottom of the pack for how they treat their customers and respond to customers complaints.

Community Manager

Re: "Great News - when your $19 Prepay plan renews in March you'll be on our latest My Flex pla

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 3 of 21 (1,527 Views)

@markfranh

Thanks for your feedback.

On the plus side: You'll get 2x the data allowance and calling minutes; the cost over 12 months will only go up $3. You won't lose your carry over as we will add a bundle to your new plan rounded up from your carry over 

E.g. 1.2GB and 33 mins Carry Over = 1.5GB and 50 mins Bundle.

As above, happy to answer questions.

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by markfranh Starter Poster
Message 4 of 21 (1,502 Views)

It would have been nice if you'd made it clear you would be carrying over our accumulated minutes when you switch our plans.  Would have saved a lot of grief.  How about putting that info somewhere on the website!

Starter Poster

by idexnz Starter Poster
Message 5 of 21 (1,404 Views)

I've got 984 minutes to carry over at present,  plus over 3.5GB of data.   Are you suggesting that a bundle of data and minutes will be given to me in March to compensate for these ?   According to your website the maximum carryover allowances of 500  minutes and 3.5GB data will apply at the April rollover,  resulting in any accumulated carryover which exceeds your new limits being lost.

Have I understood this correctly ?

If my understanding is correct,  I do not wish to be transferred to this new plan.  I have not asked for the change and do not want to be forced onto it.  I have been a loyal customer since well before Vodafone took over Bell South (more than 20 years ago) and actually prefer to remain on my present "Carryover 19" plan.  I only hope that I don't need to consider transferring to another service provider.

Please clarify the situation for me and many others who may be in a similar position.

Posted from Samsung SM-T810
Community Manager

Message 6 of 21 (1,368 Views)

@idexnz

To clarify, your bundle will round up to match your existing carry over when moving to the My Flex. FYI - once you've used your carry over and dropped below the plan limits, those will apply.

Hope that helps.

Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by idexnz Starter Poster
Message 7 of 21 (1,319 Views)

Thanks for the clarification Mike.  I hope it all works as you say,  or I will become a very unhappy customer.

I think it would have been much better if Vodafone had sent individual letters or emails to each affected customer,   giving clear details about what would be involved.  Sending a brief text message is incredibly poor PR,  but then Vodafone is not renowned for doing well in this area. 

Posted from Samsung SM-T810
Community Manager

Message 8 of 21 (1,528 Views)

@gillh

You will have most of the same benefits and quite possibly better allowances + the ability to change your plan month to month to suit any changes in use. Happy to answer any questions.

Vodafone New Zealand
Community Manager

Message 9 of 21 (1,499 Views)
Will raise that you web team, thanks
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 10 of 21 (1,493 Views)

How about removing the 3.5GB carryover limit?

Stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 6 Contributors