e-sim support and functionality

Expert Contributor

Re: e-sim support and functionality

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 41 of 53 (484 Views)

Personally I think it's a rip off spark wanting another $15 a month just to have a esim 

Starter Poster

by rabsoft Starter Poster
Message 42 of 53 (482 Views)

Where did you see that as I spoke to them about signing up to get a new account with them and they told me there was no extra charge to go e-sim, also just checked there website and couldn't see anything about extra costs

Expert Contributor

Message 43 of 53 (480 Views)

@rabsoft wrote:

Where did you see that as I spoke to them about signing up to get a new account with them and they told me there was no extra charge to go e-sim, also just checked there website and couldn't see anything about extra costs

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=39&topicid=249194

The watch will be paired with
Spark’s new Unlimited Wearable Plan which gives Spark customers unlimited data, calls and texts for $14.99 per month.

Starter Poster

by rabsoft Starter Poster
Message 44 of 53 (478 Views)

Actually that is not bad to have a new device that has a unlimited plan on it to make unlimited calls and data for $15

Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
by PeterWeb Starter Poster
Message 45 of 53 (474 Views)

@rabsoft wrote:

Actually that is not bad to have a new device that has a unlimited plan on it to make unlimited calls and data for $15

Sure, if you're a heavy phone user and are going to abandon it for the watch. For my wife's case, the need is just to casually be in touch when required, without carrying a phone - the last thing wanted is a monthly plan of any kind!

Starter Poster

by Katory Starter Poster
Message 46 of 53 (451 Views)

It's not just about the apple Watch, most people carry two phones now, one personal and the other is work , which it too much. I'd rather have one phone (my iPhone Xs Max) with both personal line (as eSim) and work line as regular Micro Sim. 

Starter Poster

by bdempsey86 Starter Poster
Message 47 of 53 (463 Views)
Or if u like to be reached without a phone I’m sensing negativity here hey might not be for everyone but there are a lot of people that benefit from it. Eg my mother has episodes and a lte Apple Watch would alert emergency services, she hardly has her phone on her so it be ideal for her and others in same situations
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by PeterWeb Starter Poster
Message 48 of 53 (454 Views)

@bdempsey86 wrote:
... there are a lot of people that benefit from it. Eg my mother has episodes and a lte Apple Watch would alert emergency services, she hardly has her phone on her so it be ideal for her and others in same situations

Exactly - don't need a monthly plan for that! All we need for that is for Vodafone to support esims in Apple and Samsung products. Preferably before the 22nd century rolls around.

Expert Contributor

Message 49 of 53 (449 Views)

@PeterWeb wrote:

@bdempsey86 wrote:
... there are a lot of people that benefit from it. Eg my mother has episodes and a lte Apple Watch would alert emergency services, she hardly has her phone on her so it be ideal for her and others in same situations

Exactly - don't need a monthly plan for that! All we need for that is for Vodafone to support esims in Apple and Samsung products. Preferably before the 22nd century rolls around.

what's happening on the 22nd?

Well maybe it will be a feature they charge for at first then eventually become free...

Starter Poster

by bdempsey86 Starter Poster
Message 50 of 53 (446 Views)
It’s hair say spark will charge who’s to say voda would, there already a share thing with lte iPads too
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 52 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 10 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors