e-sim support and functionality

Starter Poster

Re: e-sim support and functionality

by Zackwolf Starter Poster
Message 31 of 75 (1,310 Views)

Any updates on LTE Apple Watch Support timing ?? 

Starter Poster

by rabsoft Starter Poster
Message 32 of 75 (1,121 Views)

Vodafone what happened to releasing the esim in the first quarter of 2019 like you said ????  We are in June now so halfway through the year and still nothing....

Well you only have till the end of this month and then 5 on account phones go over to Spark.... have been with vodafone for over 20 years and you were always leading but now you are not even following by the looks of it, 2degrees passed you a long time ago with new features and the unmovable telecom got off there backsides and rolled over you as well.

I guess you need to learn by losing customers I know 5 phones isn't that much but it still adds up over time

Regular Poster

by Regular Poster bdempsey86 Regular Poster
Message 33 of 75 (544 Views)
Well I’m bailing Vodafone won’t get my custom now, Vodafone we the lead in everything and now they fail to beat the other networks, spark has it and I can even take my iPhone over to them and get set up. Next step Apple Watch 4
Posted from Apple iPhone
Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 34 of 75 (542 Views)

@bdempsey86 wrote:
Well I’m bailing Vodafone won’t get my custom now, Vodafone we the lead in everything and now they fail to beat the other networks, spark has it and I can even take my iPhone over to them and get set up. Next step Apple Watch 4

Why do you require this feature? Are you just wanting a simless phone or are you planning on using a Watch?

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 35 of 75 (523 Views)

How cute someone even started a ' petition ' LOL

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster bdempsey86 Regular Poster
Message 36 of 75 (518 Views)
I have my own phone iPhone XS and a work phone. I’m over loading my pockets up with mobile phones and want to do e sim so I can put work SIM card into my handset plus the use of a lte Apple Watch
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by PeterWeb Starter Poster
Message 37 of 75 (508 Views)

...whereas in my case my wife will happily wear a watch but never carries/uses her phone. So the Samsung Gear 3 would suit her just fine - if we could get an esim programmed...

New Poster

by JoelIreland New Poster
Message 38 of 75 (507 Views)

Im in a similar boat, I have two phones, personal with Vodafone iPhone XS Max which if had a esim would be great, and a work phone... either on esim with vodafone would be great so I only have to carry one phone.  Would be good to support LTE apple watch also.

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 39 of 75 (498 Views)

Remember the apple watch isin't sold here yet.. I am not sure if getting one from Aussie will work here.

Starter Poster

by rabsoft Starter Poster
Message 40 of 75 (488 Views)

The only reason the Apple watch is not sold in NZ is because there are no supported providers, as soon as Spark allow e-sim on the apple watch then Apple wil sell the watch here, The Aussie version of the Apple watch is compatible with NZ, I currently have the Apple Watch 3 LTE version and all I need is one of the providers to enable it Smiley Happy

Stats
  • 74 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 12 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors