e-sim support and functionality

Regular Poster

Re: e-sim support and functionality

by Regular Poster bdempsey86 Regular Poster
Message 71 of 75 (634 Views)
I didn’t say cost cutting had anything to do with it and no I’m not making anything up it’s what I have herd and read. I have read the thread yes and i have no doubt it eventually coming but when, as someone previously said second quarter but that’s not happened. What I’m really wanting to know is the watch going to be compatible when e sim is released or are Vodafone going to make us wait like spark are? Spark has e sim but the Apple Watch is not compatible yet the Samsung one is so that’s confused me but hey I’m not a telecommunications expert I think we all would like a bit information it may stop people jumping telcos if we informed
Posted from Apple iPhone
Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster puns1973 Frequent Poster
Message 72 of 75 (631 Views)
I beg to differ. I went to Vodafone branch and the dude there specifically said eSim has been moved to next year. The dude makes sense. Apple phones are not 5G compatible. October 2020 launch will be for iPhones 5G compatible. The dude makes a point. Esim is required now. 5G is not important. It drives me crazy seeing people texting and facebooking while driving. Even my kids , I will take away their mobiles and esim watches they must live with. And the dude also makes the right point. Jason Paris said Q2 2019 esim will be offered. Now that’s been pushed forward to 2020.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster bdempsey86 Regular Poster
Message 73 of 75 (299 Views)
Iv got e sim from spark set up now (work number) but turns out I can just use for personal stuff too so once iv saved up to pay last of the phone off and close my voda account I’ll be leaving I don’t like spark but hey better tan waiting for empty promises
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 74 of 75 (113 Views)

Recent Tweet from CEO of VodafoneNZ

Jason Paris

Won’t be until next year unfortunately Colin. We are prioritising 5G and moving off some of our legacy IT first. I know it’s an important feature for some customers so it’s definitely on our priority list.
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

by boberoo Starter Poster
Message 75 of 75 (81 Views)
Well that’s disappointing..... 😥
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 74 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 12 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors