e-sim support and functionality

Expert Contributor

Re: e-sim support and functionality

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 61 of 75 (566 Views)

Lol Petition don't get you results. it is coming it just takes time. But will you bring yours and your familys numbers back to vodafone once they have it?

Highlighted
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster bdempsey86 Regular Poster
Message 62 of 75 (560 Views)
I have been with Vodafone since I was 13 I’m now 33 going on 34 I’m switching to spark, Vodafone seems to have lost the magic they once had being the leaders in the market. To think Vodafone is a world wide company and they can’t stick to q2 and our closet neighbour Australia has it even Apple Watch lte support I’m following my friends that have made the shift. Iv been sticking up for Vodafone saying they have never let me down and referred most of my friends to Vodafone and because of a service I want and the reason I upgraded my iPhone thinking they would deliver they haven’t
Posted from Apple iPhone
Expert Contributor

Message 63 of 75 (537 Views)

@bdempsey86 wrote:
I have been with Vodafone since I was 13 I’m now 33 going on 34 I’m switching to spark, Vodafone seems to have lost the magic they once had being the leaders in the market. To think Vodafone is a world wide company and they can’t stick to q2 and our closet neighbour Australia has it even Apple Watch lte support I’m following my friends that have made the shift. Iv been sticking up for Vodafone saying they have never let me down and referred most of my friends to Vodafone and because of a service I want and the reason I upgraded my iPhone thinking they would deliver they haven’t

Vodafone NZ aren’t really Vodafone anymore they have been sold, they are just using the name for the time being. I think you should stick around a little longer perhaps another 12 months and see what happens? Now that they’ve been sold I think things will change.

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by boberoo Starter Poster
Message 64 of 75 (347 Views)
Seriously just going to go with whoever does it first at this point,, but would still rather it be Vodafone...

Vodafone: A bit late
Spark: Not available for Apple Watch
2Degrees: Who knows

How hard can it be... Cmon please..
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by Geer Starter Poster
Message 65 of 75 (332 Views)

This is a big let down from VFNZ... Jason Paris announced that esim would be released in 2Q19, but since then all has gone quiet...I suspect that the new VF cost cutting has killed it!

the latest Apple announcements wouldve been a good time to release e-sim support and also market the 4G apple watch in NZ...lost opportunity for VFNZ and it will mean loosing customers.

Posted from Apple iPad
Expert Contributor

Message 66 of 75 (326 Views)

@Geer wrote:

This is a big let down from VFNZ... Jason Paris announced that esim would be released in 2Q19, but since then all has gone quiet...I suspect that the new VF cost cutting has killed it!

the latest Apple announcements wouldve been a good time to release e-sim support and also market the 4G apple watch in NZ...lost opportunity for VFNZ and it will mean loosing customers.

Yet they somehow managed to find the hundreds of millions to deploy a 5th generation mobile network.

Posted from Apple iPad
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 67 of 75 (322 Views)

@GeerIt's still 2019 until the end of the year and I know it's been worked on and getting close

@ChristopherBoth projects E-SIM and 5G are completey different projects

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Regular Poster

Message 68 of 75 (280 Views)
Funny thing is there will be more people in demand for the e sim the iPhone 11 doesn’t support 5g. And from what iv herd lg and Samsung are the only 2 supporting 5g. Question when u guys bring e sim are u gonna have the Apple Watch support right off the bat ? Or like spark and support the phone but not the Apple Watch? And will u have the lte watch’s here for the release day of e sim?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Regular Poster

Message 69 of 75 (278 Views)
Fully agree with this I was actually hoping Vodafone we going to do this secretly @Geer wrote:
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 70 of 75 (273 Views)

@bdempsey86Dude have you even read the thread or just making rubbish up out of thin air! ESIM is coming

Cost cutting has zero to do with the ESIM project!

And the 5G comment about Samsung and LG is very wrong as well, I suggest you do more research on 5G devices and chipsets!

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Stats
  • 74 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 12 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors