Will Vodafone implement STIR/SHAKEN?

Highlighted
Expert Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (101 Views)

Hi Team,

Will Vodafone NZ be looking at implementing Stir/Shaken?

I've had enough of these Scam calls! There's no point me blocking them as it's a different number each time.

My latest attempt to stop them is to Record the ''The number you have called is not currently active or is invalid'' Voice when I call the wrong number. I recorded it as a temporary VM Greeting and disabled the option to leave a message. and I have auto decline any callers that are not in my contacts enabled. I should not have to go to these efforts! I can't do this for long as genurine callers call me and their numbers are not saved in my contacts so should I recieve calls like that they will think my number has been changed.  as you can see from the below screenshot these are just some of the Who Called messages by the scam calls. So far I haven't recieved anymore calls since thursday.

IMG_1058.jpeg

Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Re: Will Vodafone implement STIR/SHAKEN?

Message 2 of 4 (82 Views)
One of the most common complaints to the FCC are the result of automated dialers with pre-recorded messages (ie: Robocallers) A favorite trick to increase re...
Highlighted
Expert Contributor

Message 3 of 4 (28 Views)

Oh dear, no responce from vodafone  on this one!

not looking good.

Highlighted
Retired Staff

@Re: Will Vodafone implement STIR/SHAKEN?

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 4 (9 Views)

@Christopher  I have advised many times no point asking about future changes / plans until information is made public

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors