Text messages

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Text messages

by AndrewClark30 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (577 Views)

Both my wife and I are on Vodafone Prepay. Why do we only get one very brief sound when a text message comes in. Because of work we do have our phones on us all the time and, in my case there is always a lot of noise, so we frequently miss texts because they only sound once and then not very loudly. The noise tones always used to repeat a number of times. What has changed?

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Text messages

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 4 (555 Views)

Hi @AndrewClark30

This is a handset setting, can you please let me know what make and model handset you have, will try dig up instructions on how you can change the TXT notification sound.

Thanks

Sebastian

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by AndrewClark30 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (547 Views)

Hi Sebastion,

Mine isan Alcatel One Touch 2000x and my wifes is a MoblWire Dakota. We don't need to change the sounds just get them to repeat as we often do not hear just the one sound. I work on a noisy tractor and don't even feel the vibration let alone hear one brief beep.

Thanks for your offer of help

Andrew

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 4 (543 Views)

For your wife's phone it looks like the txt tone settings can be adjusted in Profiles > General (Check that this is actually the profile you have activated) > Options > Customize > Have a look in there for the txt alert settings.

Unfortunately can't find the instructions for your phone. But try have a poke around in the settings, I'm sure you will be able to find the settings which need to be adjusted Smiley Happy.

If you get stuck, suggest you pop into a store so the guys can have a look and help you get it sorted.

Cheers

Sebastian

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 29w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors