Still getting monthly bills after closing my number

Starter Poster

Still getting monthly bills after closing my number

by jerrry Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (745 Views)

Hello there, I've cancelled my Vodafone phone number on 12th (or 13th, I am not exactly sure) of March 2018 in one of yours Vodafone Stores in Auckland, because I was leaving your country back to Europe. I was using your services for about 5 months with Working Holiday Visa and I've paid all the bills for sure, but I am still getting new monthly bills – this last one is for -99.48 NZD, which is strange. Can you please tell me how I can completely close my account?

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Still getting monthly bills after closing my number

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 5 (723 Views)

If the bill is showing -99.48, that is a credit balance that needs to be refunded to you.

Call customer services on +6493552007 and request a refund of the credit balance. Once that's refunded, you'll receive a final bill with a $0 balance and then nothing further Smiley Happy

Thanks

Sebastian

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by jerrry Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (721 Views)

Hello Sebastian,

I can't call customer services, because I am in Europe and that will cost me so much money. And before I leave the country (NZ), I completely cancelled my phone number and contract, so I have no idea why there is any credit balance. I had Red+ Lite monthly plan for 5 months, no pre-paid/credit. Is there any other way how I can contact Customer services, for example via email?

I was asking the girl from Vodafone Store (when I was closing my contract) if is it completely cancelled and she said yes, but I am still getting monthly bills and I really can't call to your NZ phone number from Europe, that will be super-expensive :-(

Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 5 (718 Views)

@jerrry

On-Account plans are paid a month in advance, hence why if you close your account part way through a billing cycle, we will owe you a part month credit for the service you have paid for but not used..

And yes, your service will be cancelled, but if we owe you money, we owe you money.

We don't operate a customer service email inbox anymore unfortunately.

If you'd like to send me a private message with your account number and four digit PIN, I can review it and come back to you (IE how we can refund it to you if you still have a NZ Credit Card / Bank account, or donate it to a charity for you etc if not)

Thanks

Sebastian

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Starter Poster

by jerrry Starter Poster
Message 5 of 5 (716 Views)

Hello Sebastian,

thanks for fast reply. I will send you PM :-)

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors