Roaming pffft

Contributor toa
Contributor

Roaming pffft

by Contributor toa Contributor
Message 1 of 7 (592 Views)

I seriously hope you take the $19 i payed, and my wife on her phone and upgrade your service in Fiji. Sure i got txt and calls, didn't really give a hoot about that,but i was really wanting the 1gig data.You know, post pics and update usual fb stuff, contact family via messenger etc.That was the whole point of grabbing that plan. You guys should get your act sorted before offering a service that dosen't work.

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Roaming pffft

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 7 (566 Views)

So you're saying that calls and SMS worked but mobile data didn't?

Did you call Vodafone to troubleshoot the issue, try get it working and have a fault logged?

Data Roaming in Fiji certainly works. Have used it myself many times.

Thanks

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 3 of 7 (561 Views)

@toa wrote:

I seriously hope you take the $19 i payed, and my wife on her phone and upgrade your service in Fiji. Sure i got txt and calls, didn't really give a hoot about that,but i was really wanting the 1gig data.You know, post pics and update usual fb stuff, contact family via messenger etc.That was the whole point of grabbing that plan. You guys should get your act sorted before offering a service that dosen't work.

Have you made sure Data Roaming is enabled on your phone?

It's a setting on the handset that is normally disabled by default and roaming wont work till you enable it.

Contributor toa
Contributor

Message 4 of 7 (544 Views)

Checked both of the phones settings and changed them. We were both connected to digicell whilst there (pretty sure it was that one).As i said calls and txt worked but data connection only showed H+. We left it trying to connect while on the tour but after a while battery was draining quickly so turned off the data. And no, was to pissy to even remember to call and log issues.

Expert Contributor

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 7 (542 Views)

So are you on holiday still have you only just changed those settings or just after reading my post?

is it working now?

Contributor toa
Contributor

Message 6 of 7 (529 Views)
Well I'm back, couldn't use data there. I checked and changed settings when I was there.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Expert Contributor

Message 7 of 7 (525 Views)

Oh dear.

Call Customer Service on 777 I'm sure they will happy to refund you anything you wern't able to use. 

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 32w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors