Roaming is not working in Mexico

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Roaming is not working in Mexico

by Padraig Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (55 Views)
Kia ora, I am in Mexico and have no network connection despite having roaming switched on (it has worked in Argentina, Brazil and Peru in the last few weeks). I didn't get a welcome text on arrival and cannot connect manually either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

Re: Roaming is not working in Mexico

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 6 (53 Views)

@Padraig  Have you tried a manual network selection to the carrier in Mexico? Try selecting it a few times

Edit: Yes you have I see sorry from your post above

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 6 (47 Views)

Try selecting the carrier about 4 - 5 times in a row

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 6 (32 Views)

@Padraig  Another tip turn off mobile data on the handset and then try a manual network selection and if the phone connects then turn mobile data back on

Starter Poster

by Padraig Starter Poster
Message 5 of 6 (26 Views)
Thanks johnr, I’ve tried all of those and I now appear to have access to data, but not calls or texts. It’s better than nothing (and data is my highest priority of the 3). Not sure about having to pay the full $7/day if I only get 1 out of the 3 services.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 6 of 6 (24 Views)

@Padraig  Turn the phone off wait for about 15 minutes then power it back up and fingers crossed Voice and Data will work

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6d ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors