Recent Changes to Multitxt service

Starter Poster

Recent Changes to Multitxt service

by KentHuntley Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (940 Views)

Regarding MultiTXT.  After the recent changes, I've noticed the following issue...

When sending an mtxt to an individual in my Outlook contacts, if they reply they are recognised in Outlook as a Contact and their name appears - this is fine.....

But, if I send an mtxt to multiple Outlook Contacts, anyone who replies does not show as their contact name.

Eg. Email sent to Contact John (642727272@mtxt.co.nz) - John replies and the email received shows "From John)

EMail sent to John (6427272@mtxt.co.nz) and Jane (6427273@mtxt.co.nz).  John replies and the email received shows (From 6427272@mtxt.co.nz)

This is happenning for users running Win 10 and Office 365 (Outlook 365)

Retired Staff

Re: Recent Changes to Multitxt service

by MikeHales Retired Staff
Message 2 of 9 (923 Views)

@KentHuntley 

Thanks for that feedback. I'll let our partner know about this and provide some feedback form them.

Cheers

m

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by NicoD Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (782 Views)

Hi @MikeHales,

The Auckland Marine Rescue Centre uses the mtxt service as part of our callout process. The problem Ken descieved above is causing us some major issues. 

Is there any update on this?

Regards,

Nico Doodeman

Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 4 of 9 (760 Views)

Hi Kent & Nico.

EMail sent to John (6427272@mtxt.co.nz) and Jane (6427273@mtxt.co.nz). John replies and the email received shows (From 6427272@mtxt.co.nz)

In this situation does the reply from John have the content of the EMail sent to John (6427272@mtxt.co.nz) and Jane (6427273@mtxt.co.nz) ?, and if not did it before when 1 of the contacts reply and it worked as you expected.

Could this be a issue with with MicrosoftOffice, when I say issue maybe a behavour change due to a update that a negitive impact for some

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 9 (735 Views)

Morning!

The issue only surfaces when the MTXT is sent to a group. 

So if I was to send messages to Jane and John independently, any replies from them are recognised by Outlook contacts.

However, if a message is sent to BOTH Jane and John in the "To" line, any reply from them is not recognised by Outlook  Contacts.

So by this logic, the only change in processing the email I can identify is when the reply is processed by MTXT from an SMS message back to an email.

I hope this adds some clarity.

Starter Poster

by NicoD Starter Poster
Message 6 of 9 (716 Views)

Hi @wsfinest,

Yes, the replies contain the original message, and always have.

I have noticed something which might help. In the original message you can see the list of email headers (From, To, Date). When the message is sent to multiple recipients, the To line in the header is not included.

Below is the email received when sending an SMS to 1 number. You can see Outlook knows who it's from and the 'To' line is included in the header:

1.JPG

Below is the email received when sending an SMS to 2 numbers. You can see Outlook does not know whom it's from and the 'To' line is missing from the header:

2.JPG

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 9 (701 Views)

@wsfinest @MikeHales @NicoD  Sorry, not solved - I've clicked it in error!  Please return status to unresolved

Retired Staff

by MikeHales Retired Staff
Message 8 of 9 (686 Views)

@KentHuntley 

Apologies, you'll need to do that.

FYI, have got partner for MText working on a solution. Updates as and when I get them.

Cheers

m

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 9 (681 Views)

Thanks Mike - sorry, I couldn't find the option to change the solution status - figured it out and changed status!

Look forward to any updates....as a keen fisherman and boat owner, I'm doubly interested in a solution for myself and @NicoD 

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 40w ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors