Poor mobile coverage at the Pancake Rocks

Highlighted
New Poster

Poor mobile coverage at the Pancake Rocks

by pancakerocks New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (77 Views)

Hi we have been in contact with Vodafone for the last month.
Mobile service at Punakaiki is inadequate and we have not been able to use our phone (along with many other businesses and residents in the area) - It appears the tower at the Pancake Rocks is inadequate to cope with the growing demand of visitors using mobile phones - this site needs to be upgraded. In the meantime we are being billed for a service that we are not able to use. All of our phone calls become scrambled and cut out.
Does anyone have any idea who we can go to directly - have been in touch via txt with support team, but feel it is not being addressed.

Just sending out for advice of where to go directly.

Thank you.

Retired Staff

Re: Poor mobile coverage at the Pancake Rocks

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (68 Views)

@pancakerocks  Do you mean poor mobile coverage or over loaded site? These are 2 different things

I have passed this onto the correct person in Vodafone but planning for a upgrade can take 12 months plus

Capacity upgrades also require power upgrades, New Gear (BTS , Node B) Back haul upgrades

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 4 (64 Views)

@pancakerocks  I can 110% confirm the correct team in Vodafone know the site is getting smashed (Max users, Over loaded) so now it's a waiting game for planned work

Looks like something might happen before Christmas brown out so you might be lucky (Fingers crossed)

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 4 (61 Views)

@pancakerocks  When I visited this location at the end of last year I stopped off at the rocks and 2degrees customers roam onto this site as well so it's got more than just Vodafone NZ customers on it

Also international roaming customers as well

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors