(Not) Receiving text messages

Highlighted
New Poster

(Not) Receiving text messages

by IvarsBrencis New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (83 Views)

Hi!

I have raised this issue some time ago with Vodafone customer support and they said they were looking into it but could not find any issues. It hasn't really been a top priority for me so I just dropped trying to solve it but it comes up as annoyance time by time.

I am not receiving text messages from Latvia (+371) and I have no clue why.

The most annoying thing that I got my vodafone number into contact details for my interentbanking for Latvia and I cannot receive the texts they send for making transfers or updating my details there.

I have talked to my Latvian bank and they said on their side systems are allegedly working and they can see that the messages were sent out and that must be on the receiving end where the problem lies.

I have also confirmed with some private numbers where people from Latvia have tried to send me a text from their Latvian number (sender being in NZ and while being in Latvia on separate occassions) and I haven't received any.

It is annoying that no one sees where the problem is. It is definitely there.

Retired Staff

Re: (Not) Receiving text messages

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 3 (80 Views)

@IvarsBrencis  VodafoneNZ can only deliver the SMS that make it to the Vodafone NZ network as VodafoneNZ is the B party they have zero control of the routing of SMS from the A party network

The end users on the A party side (sending) have to log a fault on the A party carrier, A fault can't be logged on the B party side. You can't trace a fault backwards and this is why no one on the VodafoneNZ side can see an issue. Cause the SMS are not making it to New Zealand for deliverly

VodafoneNZ might not even have a interconnect agreement with that country carriers, So did it ever work?

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Retired Staff

Re: (Not) Receiving text messages

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 3 (74 Views)

@IvarsBrencis  Further to this the bank would not be able to look into the issue, The Bank would have to have a connection into a SMS aggregator which would route the SMS and there are 1000s around the world so VodafoneNZ would not have a clue to contact about SMS from the bank and how it's routed to NZ numbers

This 100% needs to be investigated from the A party side (sending)

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 6w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors