Need help to reactivate the old mobile number

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Need help to reactivate the old mobile number

by kiwicell Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (598 Views)

Hi Team

I was using my vodafone cell number (pre-pay) since around 5 years, but it has been deactivated and last message which I got was on Monday (28 Dec 2020), its busy time of the year and could not top-up the cell number, even I had balance of around $34 in my cell phone. 

I called to the customer support and they helped a lot but asked me to go to Vodafone shop and they will help, but when discussed at vodafone shop they said they can not help as the number has been deactivated.

I need help from Vodafone support that please help and reactivate my number, as this number is with all my subscriptions and with different login accounts. 

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers

Retired Staff

Re: Need help to reactivate the old mobile number

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 6 (569 Views)

@kiwicell  You got fobbed off by getting told to visit a Vodafone store, To reactivate a Prepay number is not a simple click of a button it actually takes time,

Is the SIM card still logging onto the mobile network? Cause first off the credit expires and 30 days later the number expires

If the Prepay balance was only removed the other day this is only the first step and buying a topup voucher customer service should be able to apply this to the prepay account

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 6 (565 Views)

Hi @johnr 

Thanks for the reply.

SIM card is not logging onto the network, but I tried to call the same number and it says the number is inactive or invalid.

Cheers

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 6 (524 Views)

@kiwicell  So you ignored multiple reminders? first lot of SMS that go out are reminder of credit is about to expire and then the next few to go out is about Prepay number account expiry

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 6 (471 Views)

@sebastianbd  is the legend Smiley Happy

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 6 of 6 (463 Views)

Yes he is Smiley Happy

Next time do not ignore reminder SMS

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 8w ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors