Missing Calls

Highlighted
Contributor

Missing Calls

by Contributor gr0unded Contributor
Message 1 of 7 (171 Views)

I have a regular issue with my Samsung J50 Pro, though it only happens at home. I will ge a text to advise me I have voicemail messages. My phone has not rung, and there is no record on the phone of a missed call or calls, but I will have voicemail messages from those missing calls. How can this be? Vodafone checked reception in my area and said there is no problem (but I could solve this non-problem by buying some widget to plug into my Hub for some astronomical cost). 

Can someone please advise me how I can "miss" calls that never arrive at my phone?

Please?

Chris

Retired Staff

Re: Missing Calls

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 7 (167 Views)

@gr0unded  100% of incoming calls do not connect but if it's happening quite often then take a log of times / dates it happen get about 5 - 6 examples and log a job with VodafoneNZ

Examples is key here so an investigation can be done! If you have good signal strength inside then that should be fine

No idea about the widget comment LOL that is 100% misunderstood

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 3 of 7 (162 Views)

@gr0unded  Further to this just cause a coverage map shows coverage is good in the area this does not mean coverage is good inside and around your house!

The coverage map reflects outside coverage and generally on the road level

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Contributor

Message 4 of 7 (145 Views)

Thank you, John R. Ok, I will keep a log and see where it gets me. My "widget" comment referes to a text I received from a Vodafone field technician who checked the signal strength at my home. The text was sent on 9th September 2018 and  I quote "It looks coverage (sic) is not great enough to penetrate thru to your house. Please consider other options like VF Sure Signal". This is the widget which, if memory serves, costs about $200. It would be far cheaper for me to switch to another provider such as Spark.

Chris

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 5 of 7 (141 Views)

@gr0unded  Sure Signal is not a Widget it's a Femtocell and is now End of Life and been phased out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtocell

This is Vodafone Sure Signal

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/mobile/3g-sure-signal/

From reading that SMS it sounds like coverage / signal inside your house is not the greatest for the best service

Contributor

Message 6 of 7 (121 Views)

Thanks again John R. I take a couple of things from your last post. The "Femtocell" must have been close to "end of life" when I was advised to get one only a year ago, and also that keeping a log is pointless if the signal strength around my home is so poor. It does appear that my only course of action - should I wish to receive calls made to my mobile (as outrageous as that may seem) - is to identify a service provider who provides a service and pay them instead.

Thank you for the time you have taken to respond.

Chris

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 7 of 7 (115 Views)

@gr0unded  Check out Wi-Fi calling by 2degrees does not matter what the coverage is like from the serving cell

Your mobile works thru your Wi-Fi network but note you need a handset that supports Wi-Fi calling

You can have zero coverage inside your house but all services work like you are connected to a cell site, SMS , MMS / PXT and if you are overseas free roaming

https://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/wificalling/

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors