Help with Sure Signal Setup

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Help with Sure Signal Setup

by Daveritten Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (459 Views)

i have poor reception and have been given a Sure Signal device by a friend. It is an Alcatel-Lucent  Model 9362 Enterprise Cell V1.5. I have a personal fibre broadband service from Vodafone and am using a company mobile from Vodafone. I plug the sure signal device in to my Broadband router and power it up. The Power on LED comes on. It cycles through the other LEDS and then does nothing i.e. the Power on LED remains lit but the other LEDS do not come on again. I have left it connected for 24 hours. Can someone offer any advice on how to proceed. It seems that this service is EOL but existing units are supported. If this service is EOL and the units are unsupported what else can I do to boost my local signal? Thanks!

Highlighted
Retired Staff

Re: Help with Sure Signal Setup

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 6 (455 Views)

@Daveritten  Was this a Sure Signal unit sold by Vodafone New Zealand or was it obtained overseas?

You can't do anything else to boost your signal

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Daveritten Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (444 Views)
Hi John it IS a VF NZ unit. Is there a process that I am missing to get it connected? Thanks for clarifying that this is my only alternative. I have heard that other operators provide a wifi based solutions. Should I be talking to 2degrees or others? Thanks Dave
Posted from Apple iPhone
Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 6 (439 Views)
No need to talk to 2degrees I use Wi-Fi calling on 2degrees and it's fantastic

2degrees has loads of information about Wi-fi calling on its website and also it works when roaming overseas
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Highlighted
Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 5 of 6 (437 Views)
Another option is a Cel-fi repeater system. Expensive but very good. www.powertec.co.nz
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 6 of 6 (433 Views)

@Daveritten 

https://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/wificalling/

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 39w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors