Forgotten Pin on New Phone

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Forgotten Pin on New Phone

by BrettJones Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (199 Views)

I bought my son a new Y5 and he used his existing SIM to unlock it.  In the process he forgot the PIN number he created.  Because he has not yet signed in his google account on this phone he can't use that account to set up the phone.  He can only access the set up menu and gets stopped at either the PIN stage or Google account.  I think he has also factory reset the phone when he realised what he has done but that hasn't helped.  Is there a way he can get this back on track?

Thanks

Retired Staff

Re: Forgotten Pin on New Phone

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (194 Views)
I'm confused reading that and I think your question is not related to VodafoneNZ unless it's the SIM PIN
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Starter Poster

by BrettJones Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (189 Views)

It's confusing that's for sure how quickly a new phone can become an expensive paperweight!

The phone dialogue question is:

Enter your device PIN to continue.  Required after device restarts.

This is the PIN he has foolishly not remembered.

It provides an option

USE MY GOOGLE ACCOUNT INSTEAD.

He had a google account registered to his old phone from which he has transferred the SIM but not the new one.

The phone was purchased as a "locked Vodafone phone".

If there is someone else to direct this question to other than VODAFONE that would be useful to know.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 4 (186 Views)
They need to remember the PIN they set
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 18w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors