E-sim support

New Poster

E-sim support

by JerryXinYangWu New Poster
Message 1 of 4 (691 Views)

Two friends just told me they switched to Spark monthly plan from Vodafone because they can now use a Spark e-sim and an oversea sim at the same time on their apple devices. Soon I found the article 

"Spark first to launch eSIM compatibility in New Zealand"

As a iPhone XS MAX user, to be enable to the e-sim function on my phone is really a big deal.

I would remain with Vodafone because of the great network and customer service. But if the e-sim won’t be available in the next few months. I will consider switching my mobile service and Broadband to Spark.Smiley Embarassed

Senior Contributor

Re: E-sim support

by Senior Contributor gregmcc Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (676 Views)

E-Sim devices have been avaliable in the NZ market for over 3 years now, don't expect VF to move very fast (or even at all) on supporting E-Sim's on their network as VF are only customer focused once they have you as a customer - Then they typically ignore customers

Expert Contributor

by Expert Contributor Expert Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (665 Views)

@gregmcc wrote:

E-Sim devices have been avaliable in the NZ market for over 3 years now, don't expect VF to move very fast (or even at all) on supporting E-Sim's on their network as VF are only customer focused once they have you as a customer - Then they typically ignore customers

Yes that is true I have been asking for Carry Over for on account for years creating multiple  user accounts on here and geekzone (to make it look like many many people are asking for it]  didn’t work given up now. Maybe under the new CEO It might happen and the possibe new ownership.

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by rabsoft Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (579 Views)

Vodafone what happened to releasing the esim in the first quarter of 2019 like you said ????  We are in June now so halfway through the year and still nothing....

Well you only have till the end of this month and then 5 on account phones go over to Spark.... have been with vodafone for over 20 years and you were always leading but now you are not even following by the looks of it, 2degrees passed you a long time ago with new features and the unmovable telecom got off there backsides and rolled over you as well.

I guess you need to learn by losing customers I know 5 phones isn't that much but it still adds up over time

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 21w ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors