Cannot turn off call forwarding on iPhone 7

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Cannot turn off call forwarding on iPhone 7

by RickyK Starter Poster
Message 1 of 3 (116 Views)

Hi, I have an iPhone 7 from work (it is on some sort of a big company Business plan) and a while ago turned on call forwarding so calls would be diverted to my personal phone. I don't like carrying two phones around but need to be reachable if someone calls the work number.

Now, however, when I want to turn call forwarding off, I can't even access the call forwarding settings.  When I go to Settings and click on call forwarding, all I get is the spinning loading icon and it doesn't go any further than that. As a result, I still get work calls on my personal phone even when on holiday......

i have talked to IT support at work, they suggested I call Vodafone which I did. Was told by customer service that they could not see anything wrong on Vodafone's side and may be a device issue and to check with Apple. Called Apple, they said it's a network issue and told me to call Vodafone. So called Vodafone again, different person this time who said he could just turn off forwarding on his side - this worked however I was then unable to turn on call forwarding again after that (still same issue as above - interestingly the call forwarding logo still appeared at this point, but the calls were not actually being forwarded). Sooo called VF again and asked for it to be turned on again... and back to square one!!!

This was several months ago and I gave up for a while, then remembered that I always had better luck posting in the online forums to actually get resolutions... So was hoping someone here could assist to see if it is indeed an issue that VF could fix, or am I stuck with having to get my phone reset by our IT dept or something? Want to avoid resetting if possible. Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Cannot turn off call forwarding on iPhone 7

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 3 (108 Views)

Can you please private message me your number?

Best Regards,

Sebastian

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Cannot turn off call forwarding on iPhone 7

by RickyK Starter Poster
Message 3 of 3 (103 Views)

PM sent thanks

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 13w ago