Business messagin

Highlighted
New Poster

Business messagin

by BrentMatuschka New Poster
Message 1 of 7 (1,371 Views)

Hi there,

I would like to send many messages to all my customers on an automated system. How can I do this using Vodafone?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Business messagin

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 7 (1,369 Views)

Hi @BrentMatuschka - sounds like what you're after is our multiTXT product. If you already have a business account with us, you can contact your account manager to enquire about having this service set up, alternatively you can use our online multiTXT request form.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by ScottTynan Starter Poster
Message 3 of 7 (941 Views)

I have called twice and none of your agents can answer my questions.

1) If a get a single login EG $20 a month, can I nominate more than one email address that can send texts using the service? I have 10 staff that will be using the service but I only need one login.

2) We must be able to send long texts (more than 160 characters) and receive back images via text. Currently when we use the @mtxt.co.nz service it truncates the message to 160 and will not receive images. (your features list says it will concatenate the messages, but it doesn't work)

3) I see the charges per text, is that for sending only or do we also get charged to receive?

4) how long will it take to have access to the service if we choose to go ahead?

Please respond ASAP, once you have answers to the above.

Cheers Scott

Highlighted
Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 4 of 7 (929 Views)

Hi Scott. You probably want to speak with Sales but I can answer some of these questions at least.

1) I dont know the costs (thats all in the web links about the product I believe) but with Pro you can have users send sms via email (e.g Outlook). When the account is set up you can whitelist an IP, an entire email domain or just individual email addresses to allow this service.

2) There's an option (tick box) to allow for longer messages. I copy pasted your message and sent it from my outlook to my phone. Screenshot below. Note the long looking number is from Mtxt platform.

3) No charge to recieve SMS

4) Unsure but I don't see it being very long as I know the backend setup is pretty simple and handled by one team.

There's also going to be an upgrade next month so additional features might be added.

Highlighted
Business Ninja Adept

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 5 of 7 (927 Views)

Good summary @Nigel

To add to number 2) You cannot send / receive images with the service. This is text only.

NOC Engineer | Vodafone NZ
Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 6 of 7 (918 Views)

Thats a shame, the pictures are my primary concern. 

Is there a different service you have that will allow for this?

Basically all I need is to be able to give people a phone number they can text an image(s) to and we receive it in an email.

Or I send them a message first to them as a text and they reply with an image(s).

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 7 of 7 (919 Views)

Give this guy a raise!

Thank you so much, great, detailed response. 

Much appreciated. 

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors