Skype over Rural Broadband

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Skype over Rural Broadband

by 56Mart Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (369 Views)

My home internet service is through Vodafone rural broadband.  I have not been able to access Skype (through a Skype app, or via skype.com on a browser), even though all other internet services are working fine. 

Any suggestions?

By the way, it is very annoying that there is no way to email Vodafone support.  Life is too short to spend waiting for them to answer a phone call.

Highlighted
Frequent Poster

Re: Skype over Rural Broadband

by Frequent Poster Phil_W Frequent Poster
Message 2 of 4 (362 Views)

I suspect it is a capacity / overload issue and traffic managemnt. I had mutiple dropsoff while using Zoom which is our prefered solution in our  line of work.

Selman Road tower (3G only)

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by 56Mart Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (350 Views)

Hi Phil

Thanks for the suggestion.  I think it must be something else, because I could not even load the Skype.com web page, and at the top of the Skpe app on phone/ipad there was an eror message "Unable to sign in.  Please check your internet connection and try again".  All other internet services were fine, I have been able to make calls over WhatsApp and Facetime through the rural broadband internet connection okay, so it looks like anything to do with Skype was blocked somehow.  I could get the Skype app to work fine using the phones data connection over the Spark network.  And we have 4G!

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by 56Mart Starter Poster
Message 4 of 4 (345 Views)

Hmm.  Later in the evening Skype worked fine over the rural broadband.  

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 34w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors