Rural Wireless Broadband speed issues

Starter Poster

Rural Wireless Broadband speed issues

by mnhls Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (63 Views)

Hi, We have had RWB for about 4 years. We look at the Oxford cell tower in North canterbury. Speed was pretty good under #G then they upgraded the cell tower to 4G several years ago. We had the moden replaced then by the technician. Speed was over 40 Mpbs. Over the last 2 years speed has slowly dropped off and now we struggle to get 2-4 Mbps.

I reported the speed issues over many months and nothing has happened especially speaking to the overseas call centres. I finally got a fault number out of them but no action over at least a month. No one will ring me to advise me what the issue is.

The fault number I have is INC 00000 2658623.

Can some one advise me what the issue is please and what id going to be done about it?

I just checked the RWB map for where i live and I see that we have no fallen into the 3G area when we used to always be in the 4G area. The B315 moden shows teh correct aqua light for 4G and it does drop to the blue light (3G) when the land line is being used.

Can you assist please as the last time I spent over an hour waiting on the lne to your call centre and still no one can tell me the status of the fault.

Thanks

Mike

Retired Staff

Re: Rural Wireless Broadband speed issues

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 4 (41 Views)

@mnhls  This just sounds like a overloaded serving cellsite as more users have been attached to RBI

Best way to test this is do a test at say 3am and another test around 8pm and compare the difference

I don't think you have a fault as such

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

by mnhls Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (27 Views)

Hi JohnR

Yes I am starting to think you are correct. I just did a speed check at 2220 hrs tonight and we are getting a whopping 1.8Mbps. I will try again in the early hours but what is the solution do you think?

Clearly VF will not do anything to increase capacity (I don't know how they would do that) so what would you suggest? Look for another supplier? Or do other RBI operators also use the VF network? If so then I can see that will not improve matters.

Thanks for your comments anyway. Cheers Mike.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 4 (20 Views)
Vodafone is increasing / investing in extra mobile capacity all the time / weekly

Capacity is never static
Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors