Worst customet service

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Worst customet service

by Jaco Starter Poster
Message 1 of 6 (159 Views)

I'm moving house, so need to transfer my broadband.
Yesterday I spend roughly 40 minutes on the phone with customer service which took about 10 minutes just to find the address I'm moving to.
Then they could not advise me on how to proceed. I'm currently on ADSL but I was told there is fibre at the new address. So I asked if I could install fibre. Vodafone customer service was completely un-able to tell me what to do and wanted to transfer me to another service desk or whatever.

Then apparently the system was very slow on there side so we made small talk for a long time. Eventually after being on hold for a number of minutes and making small talk for a number of minutes etc. He told me they'll call me back.

So he did call me back not too long afterwards. But then after saying I will now get a Fibre connection to my new place he put me through to some other department - Not sure why, happened a bit fast. The new guy on the phone now asked me what he can help me with ?!? So after more than an hour I'm now at a new guy and I have no idea why or what he wants. So I start explaining again. The phonecall then get's cut off and I never here from them again.

So I decide fine let me rather go in to the store where I can have a face to face conversation and there's no India call centre that are clueless about street names and suburbs in New Zealand.

At the shop I was tols sorry I have to do it through a call centre. I wasn't impressed. But then she also told me that I can't change to fibre because I have an ADSL contract and cancellation would be $199 (which according to another guy today is actually $299 - maybe I misheard her...)

So for my own Sanity I decided to continue with this battle today.

So I started around 07:00 this morning only to discover that you may only do this from 08:00 in the morning. But nonetheless I was on the phone with a lady, got nowhere and decided to wait for 08:00.

Meanwhile I tried using the that annoying little Tobi Chatbot who asks a lot of stupid questions and hanged up twice, every time completely restarting the session. So I gave up on that. I see its working now - I guess there system was broken this morning.

Then I found the online service request for relocating. However every time I clicked on Submit it told me "Unable to Submit" with no further information as to why. All the fields were filled in and it didn't complain about a field or anything just said "unable to submit"

The as with normal people I actually had to work so could only get around to Vodafone around midday. Now none of the phone numbers wanted to work. I just got a message of "We currently experience problems delivering your call to our Customer Services" WOW when a phone company can't phone THAT's AWESOME.

Well what can I do, so I prevailed and continue phoning untill eventually I did get through.

I then spoke to a person that told me there is no fibre (yesterday the guy said there is fibre ?!?) And the end result is that I will now basically remain with ADSL at the new address.

So maybe everything is now organised, I guess I'll only know On Saturday when I connect my modem to the new house...

Watch This Space

What I can say is:

The moment my contract runs out with Vodafone. I'm GONE, never ever do I want to do business with this company again.

Absolute horrible service.

Point 1: GET RID OF INDIA CALL CENTRE. Do it local with people that can speak english with our accent and that knows how to spell our Mauri names and understand them.

Point 2: If I go to a Vodafone store they MUST be able to help me with all Vodafone related issues.

Point 3. General competence. One guy tells me there is fibre available, the next says it's gonna take 3 months ?!? Don't you know what's going on in your own company??

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Worst customet service

by Jaco Starter Poster
Message 2 of 6 (156 Views)

Sorry for the spelling mistakes, I hit the send button before checking.

But Point 3:  One person must be able to help me with all my queries. I do not want to be transferred between service desks, each time having to answer security questions, each time having to explain myself.

That is just bad service once again Incompetence.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Jaco Starter Poster
Message 3 of 6 (150 Views)

Okay so it gets worse.

I've now received an sms saying "Your Vodafone broadband plan is scheduled to activate on the 17th..."

Nothing is suppose to activate ?!? I thought it is just being transferred to a new address ??? And the date is wrong and a bit random. So I'm not sure if they're no going to put me on a fibre network as well while I'm already on an ADSL or WHAT is happening

So I phone Vodafone again. The guy on the other side tells me he can't tell me what is going to happen at my new address because their system is down. So I ask him to call me back when his system is back up. He says he can't I must phone back    WHAT THE ??

So Vodafone can't help me because their system is down and I'm suppose to randomlyphone them back until they can someday tell me what is going on ???

Highlighted
Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 6 (141 Views)

@Jaco  Have you provided 10 business days notice as required before the move?

And also filled out the form on the Vodafone NZ site?

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/broadband/moving-home/

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Jaco Starter Poster
Message 5 of 6 (135 Views)

The date was never an issue, I don't care about the date.

That form is the one as explained in my email which gave me the message "can't submit form"

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Jaco Starter Poster
Message 6 of 6 (134 Views)

I just did another phone call to Vodafone, luckily their systems are now up and I had somebody on the phone who could actually explain to me what and when I'm getting things done.

I am fairly happy that everything now seems to be in order, will wait and see once the move is complete ...

But that does not change any of the complaints and frustration I had with Vodafone. I'm now just waiting for my contract to run out.

Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors