Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 520

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 520

by Kahukowhai Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (3,823 Views)

Good morning.

I own a Nokia Lumia 520 which is under a Vodafone New Zealand plan. As you know Windows Phone 8.1 has been released by Microsoft. I have heard from Vodafone customers that the update for Lumia phones should have been available from August.

August is almost over and Windows Phone 8.1 still has not been released by Vodafone. When can we expect it to be released.

Trusted Partner

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 520

by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 2 of 5 (5,393 Views)

Good afternoon

Vodafone has approved the software and the update for Lumia 520 commenced on the 16th of August. It will take a few weeks for 100% of local phones to be updated as it is released on a throttled basis. Keep your eyes peeled!

I understand your urgency - I was very keen to get my hands on the latest software too.

Joel

Starter Poster

by BIRD_NZ Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (3,727 Views)

I'm a +1 on still waiting for NZ Voda to deliver 8.1 to the 520 as my son is super keen for the new features, and I want to use "family room" better between us.

Not often you see Telecom / Spark beat Voda to the punch.

Availability and tracking of updates found here:

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/wp8-availability-in-asia-pac...

Why a slow realease? Anyone know what's technical reason is to release slowly?

Starter Poster

by amzwp2014 Starter Poster
Message 4 of 5 (3,577 Views)

Interesting that it has been approved however the Nokia website still states that it is 'under testing'.. All other network providers have approved the released and released it to 100% of their customer's..

We are now in September.. Wonder how long this is going to take before 100% is released to NZ vodafone Nokia 520 phones?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Kahukowhai Starter Poster
Message 5 of 5 (3,563 Views)

I just got the updates on my phone yesterday.

So for some reason as Joel says, they spread out the update so that phones only get it slowly.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4y ago
  • 5 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors