Nokia accessories. More stores carrying Lumia 930?

Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Nokia accessories. More stores carrying Lumia 930?

[ Edited ]
by Contributor bcom77 Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (2,047 Views)

Hi Joel,

Let me just say first of all that it is EXCELLENT that you are doing this!

Righto, my first question is...

Will there be better support or availability of genuine Nokia accessories in NZ stores with upcoming Nokia devices? There area a bucket load of awesome accessories from wireless chargers, speaker docks and covers/cases that you just can't get in NZ stores. The only way to get them is to buy them online overseas or through parallel importers which means you don't get any genuine support or warranties with them. It would be so much handier to just be able to pop into Noel Leemings, Vodafone or whoever and grab a protective case etc if needs be.

Secondly, will the Lumia 930 eventually be available through other stores other than Vodafone? No disrespect to Vodafone at all, but retailers like Harvey Norman, Dick Smith etc often have sales or interest free offers that make it more affordable to purchase a $999 handset whereas Vodafone don't tend to have those kinds of options.

And lastly, there seems to be a lot of talk lately about a soon to be announced Lumia 830 (http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/11/ifa-2014-windows-phone-teaser/). Any hint that NZ could see this, or any other new Lumia devices in stores in the future? :-) 

Thanks for your time!

Cheers
Brad

Trusted Partner

Re: Nokia accessories. More stores carrying Lumia 930?

[ Edited ]
by Trusted Partner Trusted Partner
Message 2 of 3 (2,726 Views)

Hey Brad! Thanks for the support! It is fantastic to have the opportunity to speak with the Vodafone community.

Regarding accessories, solid question. Genuine Nokia accessories can be a hard discussion, as they are generally more expensive than the third party variants. However; with the growing range of Lumias in the market there is a case to have them supported in at least one chain, which I am working on as we speak. I’ll make a note to come back to you regarding the result! To be completely up front; it is likely that the focus will be on shells/cases and wireless charging plates.

For Lumia 930; Noel Leeming has confirmed that the top 25 stores will range it. Some stores received stock last week, with the rest to receive theirs this week. It will also be available online very soon.

On your last question, as per our global policy; I cannot comment or speculate on future products. But on a personal note, if Vodafone continue to support Lumia in the fashion that that they currently do, I am confident we will continue to see new products on the range.

Aside from question 3, I hope I have been able to help!

Joel

Contributor

Re: Nokia accessories. More stores carrying Lumia 930?

[ Edited ]
by Contributor bcom77 Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (2,023 Views)

Wicked! Thanks for the info!

I think having cases and shells for phones in stores would be a massive bonus as it's probably the first thing you'd want to get to protect your investment, so it's awesome to know that this is an area that is being looked at!

Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5y ago
  • 9 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors