landline

Starter Poster

landline

by sameerroy Starter Poster
Message 1 of 8 (240 Views)

hi,

i renewed my contract in may and was given a price for the fibre unlimited and landline. At the time i told them i had my copper alive becuse of our house alarm connected to my mobile, inspite of that they agreed to give me a new contract and now i have been told that copper will be discontinued if not then i have to pay extra for it. I think that is breaking the contract mid term.

please advice.

Retired Staff

Re: landline

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 2 of 8 (238 Views)

So do you have fibre and copper connected? All you have to do is ask for the ETC's to be wavied

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 3 of 8 (235 Views)

yes i have fibre and copper. What is ETC?

thanks

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 4 of 8 (233 Views)

Why can't your house alarm connect to the fibre connection? You must be paying for 2 lines

1) Fibre 2) copper

What a very odd way of doing something

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 8 (230 Views)

when i first took fibre i was told i can keep the copper alive as my alarm is connected to it so my landline was on copper and internet on fibre,this was three years back. I kept renewing the contract based on this every year even now in may. Vodafone credited me for the extra chorus charges,but now they say it cannot be done but my argument is why was i given a new contract knowing vey well that y landline is on copper.

Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by johnr Retired Staff
Message 6 of 8 (222 Views)

@sameerroy  This is soooooo the wrong way to do it, I am not surprised at all that VodafoneNZ will stop paying the copper charges from Chorus!

You need to find a better way to do this, What about an ATA adapter on the fibre setup, You need to get in someone that knows what they are doing to look at the setup and get everything onto fibre like @coffeebaron 

I don't know your setup sorry but it's wrong to have copper and fibre connected the way you have,

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 8 (216 Views)

yeah very frustating, thanks for your advice though..

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor coffeebaron Senior Contributor
Message 8 of 8 (201 Views)
The copper network is not about to be switched off. However longer term, in fibre areas, Chorus will eventually be able to withdrawal copper services. So either way it will be a good idea to future proof your alarm setup. This will require upgrade of your alarm monitoring to IP based service. Either over your broadband or a 3G or 4G capable module. You should discuss the options with your alarm company.
In the mean time I'd expect Vodafone to honour you copper service until at least the end of you current contract.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 17w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors