blocking wargaming

Retired Staff

Re: blocking wargaming

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 11 of 32 (180 Views)

Can someone please post a Trace Route off to the gaming servers you can't reach

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Staff

by Staff ChrisVF Staff
Message 12 of 32 (172 Views)

@LiamSullivan do you know when this started? We don't intentionally block traffic, so it's either some work we've done that's broken it, or one of our upstream providers. If you have any technical info that'd be a great help too - server name/region, IP addresses, domain names, traceroutes, pings, etc.

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 13 of 32 (166 Views)

@LiamSullivan @LydiaLubbock  If you want this fixed ASAP then I would repsond to @ChrisVF 

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17+ years and if you want real help from real people check out www.geekzone.co.nz
Starter Poster

by LiamSullivan Starter Poster
Message 14 of 32 (156 Views)

sure i dont know a lot it started about 1 to 2 weeks ago and you cant conect to anything wargaming anything that has there compknay link you cant get to so when you luanch the game you cantr conect to the svers just everything is blovcked and as soon as you cange your dns sever to google dns it starts to work

Retired Staff

by johnr Retired Staff
Message 15 of 32 (146 Views)

@LiamSullivan  Surely you must know the complete domain! VodafoneNZ would require examples to get to the bottom of the issue

Starter Poster

Message 16 of 32 (144 Views)

its all wargaming domains like https://asia.wargaming.net/  https://wargaming.com/en/ 

its anything  wargaming and the games themselves

Staff

by Staff ChrisVF Staff
Message 17 of 32 (140 Views)

thanks @LiamSullivan . I've got some regular testing to some of the Wargaming sites and they look fine, and those links you've posted load OK. Probably something not apparent without a packet capture - I'll see if I can track down someone tomorrow who can do some testing while they get a capture.

Any other info you can provide? The timeline is useful, what about symptoms? Eg, can you login at all, do you play for a while and then it dies, etc.

Starter Poster

Message 18 of 32 (134 Views)

thanks you cant get anywhere it is stopoed befopre it can log in and the timeline is 2 weeks

Starter Poster

Message 19 of 32 (132 Views)

i have called vodafone and they cant go on the site and say its a problem on there end and a lot of pepole are calling in about it

Starter Poster

by LydiaLubbock Starter Poster
Message 20 of 32 (116 Views)

Hi Chris,

The website I'm trying to get to is https://na.wargaming.net/ and the error message reads: 

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://na.wargaming.net/?fbclid=IwAR2GKkbJJKffEcwbHC0PWHLnHLVNWxv-MGE1BCcVs_EYdTj5i8JuK5CFDiwmight be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

The only way I can get to it is by activating my VPN. The game needs to be downloaded to your machine in order to play it. Every now and again there is an update for the game, which needs to be done before you can play. I have been trying since Friday night to update the game and all it says is that it cannot reach the server and therefore it cannot update and I cannot play. I called one of my friends on Friday night, who is on a Spark connection and he told me his game updated and ran perfectly. I shut down my computer and tried again on Saturday morning, only to be met with the same result. Again I phoned my friend, who confirmed he was playing with no problem. I've been trying ever since. I have even asked my flat mate to check on his computer, just in case it was a problem with mine, but he could not get on either. I have gone through my anti-virus software, my internet settings and any other setting I could think of to run the game but no luck. I went onto Facebook to chat to my USA friends who I am in a team with on the game and one of them said to me he heard Vodafone NZ had blocked the site. Even though it is an American site, the games creators come from Russia (Belaruse if I'm not mistaken) and that apparently Vodafone has blocked the site because of the Russian ties. He suggested that I get a VPN and try again. Which I had to pay $150 for. If it turns out that Vodafone did block these sites, are you going to reimburse me? My guess would be no. Which is very sad. I've been a Vodafone customer since coming to NZ 12 years ago and I've never had a problem. This has made me think of switching to Spark though...Which I would hate to do as I've heard 
Stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 3w ago
  • 5 Kudos
  • 4 Contributors