Why no price reduction for the switch to Voice Calling over Broadband?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Why no price reduction for the switch to Voice Calling over Broadband?

by tallsonn Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (761 Views)

We are due to switch from the old phone lines to Voice Calling over Broadband next week. I see in the FAQ section of this topic it has been noted that there will be no change to our monthly charges as a result of this change.

This is surprising as when I look at the current Vodafone Home Broadband plans available, the ones which include a Home Phone line are always more expensive by about $10 a month. Soon our traditional home phone line will be gone and we will be making calls via our modem (which is already up and running so all we have to do is plug a phone in) and from what I have read, Vodafone will be saving money as they no longer have to pay Spark for the use of the old network phone lines.

I'm curious as to why there will be no price reduction for the removal of a service which was clearly charged as an "extra" at the time I signed up to my plan?

Thanks

Regular Poster

Re: Why no price reduction for the switch to Voice Calling over Broadband?

by Regular Poster Alan1 Regular Poster
Message 2 of 4 (726 Views)

I'm waiting for the letter from Vodafone explaining to me why I should pay extra to have voicemail, call waiting, caller ID etc. I note 2talk and other VOIP providers supply free features on the line as part of the deal. 2talk here I come. It seems to me that vfone are trying to switch customers to a voip line on the cheap.

https://www.2talk.co.nz/voice.html?p=home

Starter Poster

by tallsonn Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (651 Views)

Hi

No reply yet to my post dated 23 January - and my phone is due to be switched over to Broadband tomorrow?

I have looked into other options for contacting Vodafone but they all seem to require phoning in (and no doubt waiting for a long time to get to speak to someone off shore ! )

I would appreciate a reply please and advice on if my monthly bill will be reduced as of tomorrow seeing as no more traditional home phone which I pay extra for.

Thank you

tallsonn

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 4 (647 Views)
@tailsonn
Apologies but your bill will be the same as you will still receive a phone service
Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Posted from Apple iPhone
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors