Website & Games Not Loading 27/03/2020

Highlighted
New Poster

Website & Games Not Loading 27/03/2020

[ Edited ]
by kiwi144141 New Poster
Message 1 of 42 (827 Views)

I am based in Central Auckland and am on a residential Fibre 100 plan.

Today, games such as Modern Warfare will not load, I can start the game but it gets stuck failing to connect. You can see on the map here many others from NZ are reporting this too: https://downdetector.co.nz/status/call-of-duty/map/

Additionally, websites such as Twitter will not load, others are much, much slower than normal and it some cases fail to resolve.

If I open my phone and use my mobile network to try and load those websites instead, they load fine.

I am an IT admin by trade, so please don't tell me to just reboot my modem. I've already done that twice to no avail. I use a custom modem, not the default Vodafone supplied one.

This is an ISP issue, hence flagging it here.

EDIT: I have set up a VPN, and if I am using a Sydney based VPN I can access Twitter and other websites I was having issues with fine. 

The following websites do not work on my standard home IP address, but do work when using a VPN:

https://twitter.com/

https://www.nexcess.net/web-tools/dns-checker/

Please advise.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Re: Website & Games Not Loading 27/03/2020

by RohaanMehra Starter Poster
Message 2 of 42 (769 Views)

Can vouch for this, Getting the same issue. I have also tried the necessary troubleshooting steps but to no avail and can definitely confirm this is an ISP issue.

Highlighted
Staff

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 3 of 42 (714 Views)

Are you able to provide a traceroute to the gaming server, if you could do 1 over the ufb and other via phone. If not ufb please

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by RohaanMehra Starter Poster
Message 4 of 42 (584 Views)

I'm unsure how to get the IP address of the game server for Modern Warfare, but if you let me know I can run a traceroute. This issue has been going on for 2 days now and is especially frustrating since it is the weekend. 

Also I am finding more and more websites that are unable to load due to this. Can someone please give full attention to this because it is restricting access to a large portion of your customer base and I can see all of us are not happy with this.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by JasonChurch Starter Poster
Message 5 of 42 (692 Views)

Same for me also. I use Twitter a lot and not loading images and videos is frustrating. Are Vodafone restricting some sites and apps to save bandwidth and not telling us?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by JasonM1 Starter Poster
Message 6 of 42 (680 Views)

There are a few threads that all seem to have a common problem. I have VF Mobile Broadband. I can't get to Office.com or use Outlook (can't connect to mail server) and other websites  (MetService for example).  Covid19.govt.nz seems to work though...  Only workaround is to hotspot to phone (VF as well) which works.

I've tried a VPN (Windscribe, good and free) and I can get access via that via another country.  Would be great if one of the Vodafone staff can acknowledge there is an issue here.  Have tried facebook DM and twitter DM but getting no response

Posted from Apple iPad
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Deanonz77 Starter Poster
Message 7 of 42 (667 Views)
On RBI O365 and Office.com been down 2 days. How does Vodafone expect business to work from home on lock down ? They need to communicate so they acknowledge the issue and give an eta on restore. Imagine how a full week next week will go if Vodafone customers cant access O365.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted
Starter Poster

by gene-nz Starter Poster
Message 8 of 42 (636 Views)

We are also on RBI and have found the Ofiice 365 and many other websites are unreachable over the last few days. Playing around with various DNS etc. doesn't make any difference. Everthing works fine from a mobile phone so I guess the vodafone routing is different and some how messed up for fixed wireless accounts? Very annoying.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by shemac Starter Poster
Message 9 of 42 (627 Views)

I have a similar problem but with different sites where i get timed out. Not helped by the fact that that robot helper will not recognise my email address as valid.

A further issue is that I supposedly cannot get wireless broadband in my area although that is what im using.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by forgotsocks Starter Poster
Message 10 of 42 (626 Views)

Same here - Rural Broadband connection.

Office 365

Outlook IMAP connection to Gmail

All Apple services

Any connection to a secure website that needs a certificate or similar to connect

All work absolutely fine on Spark or Vodafone mobile connection.  

Not only do we get shafted with exorbatant pricing, limited speeds and low data caps, now we can't even work effectively from home...

Stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 15w ago
  • 11 Kudos
  • 12 Contributors