Vodafone TV not working

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Vodafone TV not working

by Arie50 Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (370 Views)

Hi

On 23 March I signed up for a new plan, HFC Max, I have a HG659 router and purchased a new Vodafone TV box.

The plan was Unlimited Broadband, HFC Max and voice calling.

At this moment the phone is not working and the TV box will not connect to the HG659 router and the WIFI is constantly cutting out some days. Other days it is fine. Intertent speed is very low.

Due to not be able to call I like some help, particularly we are now home for 4 weeks.

Look forward to some response.

Thank you

Kind regards

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Vodafone TV not working

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (354 Views)

sounds like you hg659 modem is is a poor position causing low wifi signal strength around the house. Have you tried moving it?

Your modem will need to be assigned to your account to provision the voice service too. Did they send you a new modem as that will be set up correctly (and have better wifi)

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by Arie50 Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (343 Views)

Thank you for your reply

It work some nigths but than another night it disconnect all the time.

The Wifi speed is sometimes great sometimes very low.I cannot move the modem and use an extender, AC1200 modl 6150 to get a better signal.

I have laid an ethernet cable, CAT6, from the router to the VTV about 25mtrs long.It did not solve the problem and disconnect several times each night.

With regards to the phone line they just told me to connect the phone to the modem, however it is not working, light on the modem voip is off.

I believe the replacement of the modem will solve most of the issues, particularly the ethernet.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor MrMorm Senior Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (338 Views)

send me  a private message with your account info and I'll get it looked at.

Sounds like your tv was still trying wifi when cabled too.

Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 30w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors