Vodafone PC Protection

Starter Poster

Re: Vodafone PC Protection

by RossD Starter Poster
Message 11 of 23 (1,212 Views)

Hi Lon.

My contract is not a particularly new one, I upgraded my plan and locked it in about 3 months ago, and I have had no contact with sales or customer service recently. Someone on the Vodafone end just decided to active PC Protection on Friday. Is it possible it was just some long delayed response to my upgraded contract (where PC Protection was never mentioned anyway)?

Regards,

Ross

Community Manager
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 12 of 23 (1,204 Views)

Hi @RossD - I am not really sure about that, that seems unusual. Was there any special info on the email you received alluding to some limited time offer?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by RossD Starter Poster
Message 13 of 23 (1,198 Views)

No, just looked like a standard boilerplate 'Here's your 3 license PC Protection' email. The plan I did lock in at the beginning of the year though was the Ultimate Home Plan with Neon etc you were talking about above.

I've been having billing problems for a few months ever since the upgrade (a different story, but basically customer service/sales had no idea about the offer I'd received in the post, and hadn't yet figured out how to get the costs right, left hand not talking to the right hand, etc). Maybe someone was playing around with my account the other day trying to sort it out properly.

- Ross

Community Manager
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 14 of 23 (1,196 Views)

That sounds plausible, if someone tinkered with your account it may have triggered a new notification. Could you please PM me your account details, and I will see what we can unearth. Smiley Happy

Starter Poster

by hpricenz Starter Poster
Message 15 of 23 (1,187 Views)
Definitely not explained by sales team hence the confusion
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

by RossD Starter Poster
Message 16 of 23 (1,137 Views)

Hi Lon.

Vodafone spontaneously sent me another PC Protection activation email last night. I checked my account status, and yes it has been re-activated after I disabled it on Saturday, with no prompting from me. I've disabled it again.

I tried sending you my account details to look at, but I don't seem to be able to PM you ('the user does not have private messages enabled'.

Regards,

Ross

Starter Poster

by NinaJ Starter Poster
Message 17 of 23 (1,130 Views)

Hi Lon,

Same as Ross - I had disabled my PC Protection a few days ago and Vodafone has sent me another email activating it again. At no time has a staff member that I spoke to (a few times since Feb - about errors in charging) ever mentioned this add-on. I'll disable mine again but something is clearly up with the system. I haven't been charged yet but will pretty angry if/when that happens as I know there'll be significat time spent trying to get through to someone to fix it properly.

regards,

Nina

Starter Poster

by NinaJ Starter Poster
Message 18 of 23 (1,126 Views)

I've just had a 2nd email today - 40 minutes after the first - telling me this PC Protection has been activated. I've just 'unsubscribed' for the second time today (have confirmation emails too). Please explain what is going on because this is a pretty significant and systemic error.

thanks,

Nina

Starter Poster

by RossD Starter Poster
Message 19 of 23 (1,122 Views)

I rang customer service and was told that because PC Protection was now a free part of certain plans (Ultimate Home Fibre in my case), that it couldn't be deactivated. Vodafone obviously has some kind of newly activated script going around and asserting PC Protection is on for all eliglbe accounts. I was assured that I wouldn't be charged for it, despite my account saying I would be charged $10 every month. I fully expect to be charged $10 every month, and have to ring several times for them to sort it out. We shall see.

Regards,

Ross

Starter Poster

by NinaJ Starter Poster
Message 20 of 23 (1,119 Views)

Thanks Ross, I'm on the same plan so yes that probably applies to me too. I agree that the charges will no doubt appear in the next month or so, but I really hope not.

regards,

Nina

Stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors