VPN & Sure Signal

Highlighted
Starter Poster

VPN & Sure Signal

by RhysDavies Starter Poster
Message 1 of 4 (203 Views)

Hi,

I still use a Huawei HG659 Modem/Router (I have a new Ultra Hub but it keeps dropping the Broadband regularly AND doesn't hasve a VPN function). I also conect a Sure Signal box for Mobile reception as we have very poor cell coverage in my area.

My problem is that when I connect to my VPN service I lose the Sure aSignal connection until I disconnect from the VPN. Is there any way the the Sure Signal can be maintained when the VPN is connected?

Thanks

Rhys

Staff

Re: VPN & Sure Signal

by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 2 of 4 (176 Views)

Hi Rhys

Sure Signals will work on any NZ ISP ip aadress range. The reason it stops working when using the VPN is because the other end of the VPN will be outside of NZ, hence not a IP Address that any NZ ISP's use

Starter Poster

by RhysDavies Starter Poster
Message 3 of 4 (106 Views)

Thanks for participating but I already knew that. What I asked is "Is there any way the the Sure Signal can be maintained when the VPN is connected?"

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Senior Contributor

by Senior Contributor coffeebaron Senior Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (81 Views)
I'm guessing the VPN tunnels all your internet traffic. Can you create a separate VPN, perhaps with a router behind the first router. Then plug SS in to first router (non-VPN) + any other stuff, then plug only devices that need VPN into secondary VPN router. There are also some other more technical ways to do it, but probably not on the standard Huawei router.
Stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors