VDSL Dropouts and AWFUL Service.

Starter Poster

VDSL Dropouts and AWFUL Service.

by zique Starter Poster
Message 1 of 5 (151 Views)

Since October last year,my vdsl has been having dropouts and poor connections.I called Vodafone tech who changed the bandwidth and updated the firmware of my modem and two days later,my internet was dropping out a lot.

Another call later to Vodafone,going through the usual physical checks,modem,filters etc and I get the new modem because the filter seemed the problem.And still dropouts.

Many calls later and Chorus techs have been apparently sent out to fix the problem,I get texts saying the problem has been fixed.

Come home from work to no internet!Not once but three times after the techs say the problem has been fixed.

Tech support says that the texts are not correct as the issue has been resolved and the work has been escalated...this is December.

Now its January and I'm still having the same friggin problems and Vodafone seems to not give two **bleep**s to fix the phone.

After the 4th line test,they didnt call to say anything even though after getting off the phone to the tech,the dropouts happened periodically throughout the day!

Anyone got any advice..I have been with vodafone for 14 years and the service is just horrible!!

Community Manager

Re: VDSL Dropouts and AWFUL Service.

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 2 of 5 (149 Views)

@zique

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues. Just to step back, did you have ADSL before VDSL and if so did that drop out in the same way?

cheers

m

Product Owner AI & Automated Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

by zique Starter Poster
Message 3 of 5 (147 Views)

I did have ADSL and there was never any dropouts at all.....its only been about a year later of getting VDSL that these problems have started.Its extremely fustrating..all the crap you got to go through for tech and chorus to pretend to give a **bleep**.

Staff

[ Edited ]
by Staff wsfinest Staff
Message 4 of 5 (123 Views)

I take it, that at the same address you had ADSL with no issues, then moved to VDSL at same address and since then you have had the disconnection issue.

Are you able to share your modem stats, what is the modem sycning at. Could be that the line is outside the limit of VDSL and maybe changing back to ADSL could resolve it.

Did you notice much of a change iin speed when moving from ADSL to VDSL ?

Highlighted
Starter Poster

by zique Starter Poster
Message 5 of 5 (70 Views)

a year later after moving to vdsl,I started getting dropout issues.

I had the older modem,the HG model or something,which was where the problem started.Vodafone sent me the Ultrahub in November which did nothing to rectify the issue.

The Ultrahub is on the latest firmware.

I did try going back to try the old adsl modem and that didnt work at all.And the speed difference from adsl to vdsl was not much which I was not impressed about.

One reason why I upgraded was because I was using an app which would shut down the call due to a unstable connection.Was a calling app.

Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 6d ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors